1384 6 2020-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lowlead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1362283 ft
Canada

Good afternoon,

I can not open or extract my Tiff Sequential files from my XT2.  FLIR Tools + does not recognize the files.

Let me know if there is a fix, a pretty big job & client is relying on this data.

Thanks,
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Lowlead, if you would like to edit Tiff Sequential files, the software ImageJ is recommended. Besides, PS and LR are also able to edit Tiff format.
2020-9-26
Use props
Lowlead
lvl.2
Canada

Thank you Mindy, I will see what ImageJ is all about.  I'm still surprised that FLIR Tools + doesn't read these files.

I'll let you know, thanks again!
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Lowlead Posted at 9-27 17:38
Thank you Mindy, I will see what ImageJ is all about.  I'm still surprised that FLIR Tools + doesn't read these files.

I'll let you know, thanks again!

You are welcome, please keep us updated if you have any further concerns.
2020-9-29
Use props
Lowlead
lvl.2
Canada

Still no luck with this - I couldn't get ImageJ to open the files either, I suspect the files are all corrupt.  I did just get the camera back from service, due to another defect.  
2020-10-3
Use props
Lowlead
lvl.2
Canada

Any other feedback out there for this issue?  Photoshop and Lightroom aren't opening these either.  I just got my XT2 back from warranty repair, I suspect it is going back.  I've owned it for a year and its done a month of work.
A further note:  Today we had time to run a 13 mm and 19 mm XT2 - Three out of four video modes generated a viewable video:  MOV, MP4, and SEQ.  MOV / MP4 worked with any video viewer, SEQ was readable through FLIR Tools. TiffSeq is the only mode that gives a black screen, or does not show up in Tools, or any other software for that matter.

DJI, any futher explanation please?
2020-10-13
Use props
Lowlead
lvl.2
Canada

To take this further, I learned from ITC that TiffSeq. files are a challenge to work with, they need programs such as ResearchIR or MATLAB.  I am also making headway with ImageJ, I just need to learn how to extract the photos.

I will continue to add to this thread as I learn more, maybe it will help someone else who runs into a similar issue.

Thanks,
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules