Bird's view with DJI Mavic Air on the capital of Finland - Helsinki!
12Next >
1449 40 2020-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dimidrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2116302 ft
Latvia

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Helsinki is the capital, [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]primate and most populous city of Finland. Located on the shore of the Gulf of Finland, it is the seat of the region of Uusimaa in southern Finland, and has a population of 656,229. The city's urban area has a population of 1,268,296, making it by far the most populous urban area in Finland as well as the country's most important center for politics, education, finance, culture, and research; while Tampere in the Pirkanmaa region, located 179 kilometres (111 mi) to the north from Helsinki, is the second largest urban area in Finland. Helsinki is located 80 kilometres (50 mi) north of Tallinn, Estonia, 400 km (250 mi) east of Stockholm, Sweden, and 300 km (190 mi) west of Saint Petersburg, Russia. It has close historical ties with these three cities.[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] Together with the cities of Espoo, Vantaa, and Kauniainen, and surrounding commuter towns, Helsinki forms the Greater Helsinki metropolitan area, which has a population of over 1.5 million. Often considered to be Finland's only metropolis, it is the world's northernmost metro area with over one million people as well as the northernmost capital of an EU member state. After Stockholm and Oslo, Helsinki is the third largest municipality in the Nordic countries. Finnish and Swedish are both official languages. The city is served by the international Helsinki Airport, located in the neighboring city of Vantaa, with frequent service to many destinations in Europe and Asia.  Helsinki was the World Design Capital for 2012, the venue for the 1952 Summer Olympics, and the host of the 52nd Eurovision Song Contest in 2007.  Helsinki has one of the world's highest urban standards of living. In 2011, the British magazine Monocle ranked Helsinki the world's most liveable city in its liveable cities index. In the Economist Intelligence Unit's 2016 liveability survey, Helsinki was ranked ninth among 140 cities.

2020-9-25
Use props
ckat007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

Nice video

How did you manage to fly in the center of Helsinki?  Flights are prohibited there.
20200708_190045.jpg
2020-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great scenes DMD. But be careful you don't fall foul of the authorities ;) Thanks for the share.
2020-9-26
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

ckat007 Posted at 9-25 11:43
Nice video

How did you manage to fly in the center of Helsinki?  Flights are prohibited there.[Image]

I got permission from a local police
2020-9-26
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Great video Dimi. stunning images. Thanks for sharing!
2020-9-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic footage
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great video.
Not sure if police can give you permission to fly somewhere.
Here in NL they don't control airspace.
They can just fine you if you do something illegal
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video

How did you manage to fly in the center of Helsinki?  Flights are prohibited there.

Here in NL police does not have authority to give permission to fly somewhere.
The only thing they can do is 'not fine you' if they don't mind.
In the end the national airspace authority is controlling the air above NL and decides who can / can't fly somewhere.
Or, in some cases, the local government.
But never the police.
2020-9-26
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Suren Posted at 9-25 21:36
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the feedback!
2020-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

dimidrone Posted at 9-26 21:35
Thanks for the feedback!

2020-9-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dimidrone Posted at 9-26 01:39
I got permission from a local police

The police in France and the UK cannot and would not give such permission. It's outside their remit.  You'd have to be lucky to find one who might "turn a blind eye"  
2020-9-27
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

A J Posted at 9-26 00:24
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for watching!
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dimidrone Posted at 9-27 02:53
Thanks for watching!

You're welcome mate
2020-9-27
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Blériot53 Posted at 9-26 00:45
Great scenes DMD. But be careful you don't fall foul of the authorities ;) Thanks for the share.

Thank You!
2020-9-27
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

QQRUCH Posted at 9-26 04:21
Great video Dimi. stunning images. Thanks for sharing!

Thank You!
2020-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-9-28
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

you're welcome!
2020-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice video

Perhaps he missed the sign ckat.
2020-9-28
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Woe Posted at 9-26 06:25
Fantastic footage

Yay!!! Glad You liked it and thanks for the feedback!
2020-9-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

dimidrone Posted at 9-28 06:10
Yay!!! Glad You liked it and thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome
2020-9-28
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Montfrooij Posted at 9-26 08:51
Here in NL police does not have authority to give permission to fly somewhere.
The only thing they can do is 'not fine you' if they don't mind.
In the end the national airspace authority is controlling the air above NL and decides who can / can't fly somewhere.

Khmmm... Dunno. In Latvia they have directives about restricted flight locations and they can stop you from flying, charge you and confiscate your drone
2020-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

dimidrone Posted at 9-28 08:41
Khmmm... Dunno. In Latvia they have directives about restricted flight locations and they can stop you from flying, charge you and confiscate your drone

Usually there is a special authority that controls the sky.
They can decide if you can fly anywhere.
The police is there to enforce that rules.
They don't make the rules. (and that is a good thing actually).
So they can't 'allow' you to fly there.
They can only decide not to fine you.

But, when the authority wants to, they can still do that.
If they find the footage bad enough to go after you.

Not very likely I think.
2020-9-28
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Blériot53 Posted at 9-27 01:26
The police in France and the UK cannot and would not give such permission. It's outside their remit.  You'd have to be lucky to find one who might "turn a blind eye"

In Latvia CAA gives a permission on a flight plan and you'll have to show it to police or local authorities
2020-9-28
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Montfrooij Posted at 9-28 08:56
Usually there is a special authority that controls the sky.
They can decide if you can fly anywhere.
The police is there to enforce that rules.

In Latvia police can fine and fake you for everything. If they have a will. ))) Yeah, flights regulated by CAA. But it's quite complicated to get a permission. You have to spend about three hours on each flight to fill in papers and draw a flightplan
2020-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

dimidrone Posted at 9-28 21:39
In Latvia police can fine and fake you for everything. If they have a will. ))) Yeah, flights regulated by CAA. But it's quite complicated to get a permission. You have to spend about three hours on each flight to fill in papers and draw a flightplan

I can imagine things work differently per country and I have been to Latvia once so I can see what you mean ghegheghe.

But in EU it is mainly like how I described.
No worries. Nothing will happen.
2020-9-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dimidrone Posted at 9-28 21:39
In Latvia police can fine and fake you for everything. If they have a will. ))) Yeah, flights regulated by CAA. But it's quite complicated to get a permission. You have to spend about three hours on each flight to fill in papers and draw a flightplan

You'd have to be patient and persistent to go through all that procedure for every flight. but it does seem more lenient AND more civilised than elsewhere.
2020-9-28
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Montfrooij Posted at 9-28 21:52
I can imagine things work differently per country and I have been to Latvia once so I can see what you mean ghegheghe.

But in EU it is mainly like how I described.

Thanks! Happy to hear! Doesn't like my "chit-chat" conversions with law enforcers.
2020-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

dimidrone Posted at 9-28 23:57
Thanks! Happy to hear!  Doesn't like my "chit-chat" conversions with law enforcers.

Nah me neither
2020-9-29
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Blériot53 Posted at 9-28 23:41
You'd have to be patient and persistent to go through all that procedure for every flight. but it does seem more lenient AND more civilised than elsewhere.

Maybe, but I personally more appreciate Greece approvals. Create an online flight plan. Set time of flight, height and send to the approval. All takes 15 mins
2020-9-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dimidrone Posted at 9-29 02:43
Maybe, but I personally more appreciate Greece approvals. Create an online flight plan. Set time of flight, height and send to the approval. All takes 15 mins

Now why can't everywhere be the same?  Let's all move to Greece !
2020-9-29
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

Blériot53 Posted at 9-29 02:46
Now why can't everywhere be the same?  Let's all move to Greece !

I would love to!
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dimidrone Posted at 9-28 08:41

Same here in the UK. The CAA is not a law enforcement agency. They have no authority to issue fines or make arrests. They are a regulator who set out directives on behalf of the government for the safety and control of the airspace and act in an advisory capacity to law enforcement. It is the police who enforce the law and may contact the CAA for advice if they perceive the law has been broken. The police make the charges and the courts hear the case and benchmark the sanction against the legislation administered by the CAA to decide if the law has indeed been broken.

If a CAA official walked past me in the field and caught me flying illegally he or she would have absolutely no power to charge me - they would have to call the police like everyone else. Equally, if a local authority has set out regulations for flying a drone from their land (such as a park) those regulations legally supersede the CAA who actually state that on their website. They also advise the public that if you wish to report a drone operator you need to contact your local police.

Gaining permission from the CAA to fly beyond the core statute of their legislation merely covers the operator from police intervention. That said, the police do not have the power to permit operators from breaking CAA legislation. If a police officer told you that it is OK to rob that bank I assure you it won't be... And in that bank will be a Bank Manager who has authority over the regulation of the bank but like the CAA, he/she is not empowered to arrest you for robbing it - if that makes sense.
2020-9-29
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

A J Posted at 9-29 03:22
Same here in the UK. The CAA is not a law enforcement agency. They have no authority to issue fines or make arrests. They are a regulator who set out directives on behalf of the government for the safety and control of the airspace and act in an advisory capacity to law enforcement. It is the police who enforce the law and may contact the CAA for advice if they perceive the law has been broken. The police make the charges and the courts hear the case and benchmark the sanction against the legislation administered by the CAA to decide if the law has indeed been broken.

If a CAA official walked past me in the field and caught me flying illegally he or she would have absolutely no power to charge me - they would have to call the police like everyone else. Equally, if a local authority has set out regulations for flying a drone from their land (such as a park) those regulations legally supersede the CAA who actually state that on their website. They also advise the public that if you wish to report a drone operator you need to contact your local police.

Excellent clarification mate! Anyways, the most Drone friendly country i've visited is Estonia! Fly whenever it's not permitted and don't do crazy ... or bullying.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dimidrone Posted at 9-29 05:04
Excellent clarification mate!  Anyways, the most Drone friendly country i've visited is Estonia!  Fly whenever it's not permitted and don't do crazy ... or bullying.

That's how it should be mate! Of course, the CAA can seek to obtain a law enforcement order in extreme cases but again, that would be the decision of the court and not on their own authority. The CAA would therefore stand as the prosecution in court but they are not Judge and Jury as everyone is innocent until PROVEN guilty.
2020-9-29
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

A J Posted at 9-29 05:04
Thats how it should be mate!

Totally agreed!
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

but as not every country is as relaxed as Estonia we must all play our part and respect the laws of the country we are in and if you can't do the time then don't do the crime!
2020-9-29
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Latvia

A J Posted at 9-29 05:32
but as not every country is as relaxed as Estonia we must all play our part and respect the laws of the country we are in and if you can't do the time then don't do the crime!

Sure thing!
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-9-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced