Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mavic Air 2 Protector Case.
Does anyone have this yet? I am really hoping it will fit the Smart Controller too like the Mavic Pro 2 Protector case.
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm not a big fan of cases myself.
The Fly more bag works perfectly for me.
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I opted for a peak design 15L backpack zip - carries all my gear and hands free on hikes.
2020-9-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 9-26 09:05
I'm not a big fan of cases myself.
The Fly more bag works perfectly for me.

I have the fly more bag also. I like it but find it a bit to crammed with everything in it.
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Visual Air Posted at 9-26 13:23
I have the fly more bag also. I like it but find it a bit to crammed with everything in it.

Yeah, that is true. But it is exactly the minimum and I like to carry as minimal as I can.
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-26 23:35
Yeah, that is true. But it is exactly the minimum and I like to carry as minimal as I can.

I remember my first Mavic Pro in 2017 and massively over accessorising it to the extent I needed two bags to carry my gear. The Mavic is all about a small footprint and keeping things minimal and portable. I only buy and bring what is essential with the MA2 these days.
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 9-26 23:51
I remember my first Mavic Pro in 2017 and massively over accessorising it to the extent I needed two bags to carry my gear. The Mavic is all about a small footprint and keeping things minimal and portable. I only buy and bring what is essential with the MA2 these days.

Exactly.
I sold most of my accessoires again. Only kept the ND filters.
But I seldom use them.  
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-26 23:57
Exactly.
I sold most of my accessoires again. Only kept the ND filters.
But I seldom use them.

Minimalism is key mate
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 9-26 23:59
Minimalism is key mate

For me at least.
There is already quite some work involved in getting ready to fly.
Charging, checking location, weather, driving up there etc. etc.
If I have to put on various extra's to the drone, it will get even worse.
Plus I feel I can really make what I want with the MP right now.
I know there are better options, but for now it works for me!
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-27 00:01
For me at least.
There is already quite some work involved in getting ready to fly.
Charging, checking location, weather, driving up there etc. etc.

I'm not in any rush to set up and take off - I don't fly drones to put pressure on myself - safety is more important. As long as I don't overload my set up to the extent that I can not comfortably reach my take off locations on foot and thus only take what I need on my back then thats good enough for me.
2020-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 9-27 00:03
I'm not in any rush to set up and take off - I don't fly drones to put pressure on myself - safety is more important. As long as I don't overload my set up to the extent that I can not comfortably reach my take off locations on foot and thus only take what I need on my back then thats good enough for me.

Very true.
It is not that I'm in a hurry, but I find that it takes a lot of time to get in the air.
Very often the moment I want to catch is not lasting that long
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-27 00:23
Very true.
It is not that I'm in a hurry, but I find that it takes a lot of time to get in the air.
Very often the moment I want to catch is not lasting that long

I not too bothered about catching the precision of sunsets etc - most of my flights have very basic planning i.e. is it raining, what's the wind speed at 400 feet, wheres the nearest airport - all good - fly!
2020-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 9-27 00:32
I not too bothered about catching the precision of sunsets etc - most of my flights have very basic planning i.e. is it raining, what's the wind speed at 400 feet, wheres the nearest airport - all good - fly!

Yeah, for me I usually have a timeframe in which I can fly.
(lunch break etc.)
So I have to make the most of that time.
Or there is a train I want to catch
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-27 01:10
Yeah, for me I usually have a timeframe in which I can fly.
(lunch break etc.)
So I have to make the most of that time.

Weekends for me, mainly
2020-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 9-27 01:12
Weekends for me, mainly

Yeah, I get that.
That is reserved for fam and home improvement
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-27 01:39
Yeah, I get that.
That is reserved for fam and home improvement

I bring them with me
2020-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 9-27 02:50
I bring them with me

Mine don't like it when I fly the MP
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-27 03:49
Mine don't like it when I fly the MP

My son loves drones - chip off the old block!
2020-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 9-27 04:07
My son loves drones - chip off the old block!

Yeah, mine does too. But he wants to fly....
Not too sensible at his age
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-27 04:41
Yeah, mine does too. But he wants to fly....
Not too sensible at his age

Not without his own flyer ID
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Visual Air. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation on what Protector Case our fellow DJI co pilots are using to carry there DJI Mavic Air 2 with there DJI Smart Controller. Thank you.
2020-9-27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Cant understand why the Mavic Air 2 case is $50USD more to buy than the same Mavic Pro 2 case?  Still trying to see if the smart controller will fit in the Mavic Air 2 case?
2020-10-12
Use props
Vegebird
lvl.2

China

I've already seen a few cases on Amazon that can fit Mavic Air 2 and smart controller. They are better than the fly more combo bag.
2020-10-22
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

The Nanuk can be customized for the Smart Controller

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757

I'm clumsy!
2020-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 9-26 23:57
Exactly.
I sold most of my accessoires again. Only kept the ND filters.
But I seldom use them.

I got a onemo backpack from pgytech it’s excellent , for hiking it’s really good .

2020-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 02:05
I got a onemo backpack from pgytech it’s excellent , for hiking it’s really good .

https://youtu.be/755jmXsOXCg

Looks great!
2020-10-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

For those that are interested in this case. I can confirm it will fit the smart controller.
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_2GBfdptuitbK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 968 ft

United States

Visual Air Posted at 2020-12-18 15:24
For those that are interested in this case. I can confirm it will fit the smart controller.

I received my DJI Mavic Air 2 Protector Case today.  I have the the Mavic Air 2 with the Smart Controller.  Everything fits, except the smart controller. I can jam it in  there, but it's very hard to get it out.  Way too tight.  I opened a support ticket today.  They claim it will fit.  If not, then I'll return it and buy a different brand.  The only fix is to have the manufacturing correct the foam cutout and make an updated version.

Perhaps the have changed the Smart controller size.  Mine is brand new, and came with the fly more bundle option.
2021-1-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Mine fits just fine. it is slightly tight but I would rather have it tight than flopping around. It's not an issue for me. I do not believe they have changed the size either.
2021-1-6
Use props
South Mountain Arial
New
Flight distance : 56522 ft
United States

Love my Nanuk!!

2021-1-7
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice! It's on my wishlist after 51drones reviewed it earlier. Hoping to use it on longer road trips.

From a minimalist view and ideal for hiking/walking, the fly more case has been perfect. I leave the charger/hub, extra cables, etc at home.
2021-1-7
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

For all of my drones, I have always gone aftermarket for waterproof cases...which I use the majority of the time because when traveling by vehicle, I frequently have wet dogs/people, boats, and weather to deal with.  Also, if I need to throw the case in the back of my truck I don't have to worry about it.  I rarely spend more than $40 to $80 for any of my hard cases.  When traveling by plane, I use the soft case that comes with the fly more combo and use a waterproof bag if conditions warrant.
2021-1-7
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 2020-9-26 23:51
I remember my first Mavic Pro in 2017 and massively over accessorising it to the extent I needed two bags to carry my gear. The Mavic is all about a small footprint and keeping things minimal and portable. I only buy and bring what is essential with the MA2 these days.

Thanks for the good laugh at myself.  I did the same thing with my first drone, the Phantom 2 Vision+.  I had a huge pelican case that had way too much stuff in it and weighed so much.  I was so happy to sell the whole get up when upgrading to the Mavic Pro.
2021-1-7
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I also use the Fly More Combo bag.  I initially hated the bag as it looks like man purse but the bag is very functional and compact.  I looked at alternatives but when you are wearing it all your stuff is easily accessible and you do have to set anything on the ground.  So I have stuck with it despite ascetics.
2021-1-7
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1

United States

No way my smart controller will fit in the dji case.  I have tried, and it simply is too tight.  They either made my foam insert wrong, or the smart controller has increased in size.

Either way, I have asked for rma to return it.  

So what is the best case for the mavic air 2 with the smart controller and one that will hold all the batteries and charges, etc?
2021-1-8
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-7 10:47
I also use the Fly More Combo bag.  I initially hated the bag as it looks like man purse but the bag is very functional and compact.  I looked at alternatives but when you are wearing it all your stuff is easily accessible and you do have to set anything on the ground.  So I have stuck with it despite ascetics.

I was so resistant to most of the DJI bags along the way for the same reasons...the original MA bag was the first one I came to appreciate and the MA2 bag IMHO is the most well thought out one to date.
Traveling overseas, not recently, but no one cares. And, getting older so now I just don't care either.  It's convenient and it works.  Bonus, you can give the knowing head nod when you see a DJI bag hanging off some other guy...we're so bad ass.
2021-1-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

PonyXpress Posted at 1-8 11:36
No way my smart controller will fit in the dji case.  I have tried, and it simply is too tight.  They either made my foam insert wrong, or the smart controller has increased in size.

Either way, I have asked for rma to return it.  

Assuming you did take the two pieces of foam inserts out that allow you to put the smart controller in?
Anyways send it back then. Best of luck finding an alternative.
2021-1-9
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1

United States

There was only one piece of foam to remove and it was at the bottom.  The issue is the slot is not wide enough.

I did find this one on amazon, MC-CASES Case MC CASES for DJI Mavic Air 2

Anyone out there have this case ?  It clearly says the Smart Controller will fit, and you can see the slot for the controller is wider than than the stock controller, so the smart controller looks like it will fit.
2021-1-9
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1

United States

Update fo those interested....

I received the new MC-CASES Case for my mavic air 2 with smart controller and it fits perfect.  Not only is the box smaller than the DJI case, it fits everything.  Most importantly the smart controller fits perfectly.  Like the DJI case, you remove the foam piece at the bottom, as the smart controller is taller than the regular controller.  The width is good and tight, but you don't have to get 3 people to pull it out like the DJI case.  I think the one they sent me was just made incorrectly. That said, I do find it interesting that others say they had two foam inserts to remove and mine only had one.

Waiting on the RMA from them so I can return the dji protective case.  They are trying to make me pay for return shipping, which is not cool!  If the smart controller would fit ,and I just didn't like it, that would be different, and no problem paying the return shipping.  However, given the case they sent me clearly is not made correctly, I'm insisting that they pay for return shipping.
2021-1-11
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1

United States

today is a sad day because I learned that DJI support is terrible.  They are refusing to pay for return shipping and now they are claiming the Mavic Air 2 protective case is not made for the Smart Controller at all.  Even though the foam insert says to remove it for the Smart Controller.  This is lame.  I have to pay for return shipping to get my money back for a defective case.

I cannot recommend you buy DJI anymore
2021-1-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules