Osmo Mobile 3 - trigger 'lock'
1182 5 2020-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kUrGaN_UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
I've only had my gimbal for a couple of days but really struggling to get the trigger 'lock' to work, unless I am completely misunderstanding what it is supposed to do. I am expecting the gimbal to completely lock all joints so that the phone does not change position when the gimbal is moved, but instead when I press the trigger all three joints still move. The gimbal and camera seem to behave the same whether I press the trigger or not.  Is this a defect or am I missing something about how this should work? All other trigger functions seem to be working as expected, just not the lock. I've uninstalled the app, and reset the Blutooth, but still the same.

2020-9-26
Use props
fans77aeb83e
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Did you get anywhere with this? I have exactly the same problem.
2021-2-18
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fans77aeb83e Posted at 2-18 11:42
Did you get anywhere with this? I have exactly the same problem.

Daft question but you are pressing and holding the trigger in aren’t you, for me the trigger lock works even if Mimo is not running, Is the trigger working at all, to test it you could use the direction pad to move the gimbal then double tap the trigger, this should recenter the gimbal.
2021-2-18
Use props
kUrGaN_UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Long story short, I sent it back to the retailer, who kept it for a week, then informed me there was no fault and I needed to pay approx. half of the purchase price again for an inspection fee and postage costs, which was pretty outrageous (I didn't). They did however send me a video to demonstrate what is meant by locking the gimbal when you pull the trigger. Key to this I feel was their demonstration had the phone in portrait mode which I feel, seems to demonstrate the effect of locking the gimbal movement better than when in landscape mode. That's what I'd suggest trying so you can see how the gimbal locks. I think I was expecting all axes to lock, but it's not quite that effect. To be honest I have only used it once since then, so not even sure I am going to get the use out of it as, although the app is clever, I am slightly disappointed by the smoothness (unless in slo-mo) of video produced and the impact of using gimbal seems to me to be minimal over hand held, slow, steady shots - but that's probably as much down to me forgetting to do the knee bend walk etc.  
2021-2-18
Use props
fans77aeb83e
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AlanHd Posted at 2-18 12:42
Daft question but you are pressing and holding the trigger in aren’t you, for me the trigger lock works even if Mimo is not running, Is the trigger working at all, to test it you could use the direction pad to move the gimbal then double tap the trigger, this should recenter the gimbal.

Yeah, double clicking works just not clicking and holding.
2021-2-19
Use props
fans77aeb83e
lvl.1
United Kingdom

kUrGaN_UK Posted at 2-18 22:28
Long story short, I sent it back to the retailer, who kept it for a week, then informed me there was no fault and I needed to pay approx. half of the purchase price again for an inspection fee and postage costs, which was pretty outrageous (I didn't). They did however send me a video to demonstrate what is meant by locking the gimbal when you pull the trigger. Key to this I feel was their demonstration had the phone in portrait mode which I feel, seems to demonstrate the effect of locking the gimbal movement better than when in landscape mode. That's what I'd suggest trying so you can see how the gimbal locks. I think I was expecting all axes to lock, but it's not quite that effect. To be honest I have only used it once since then, so not even sure I am going to get the use out of it as, although the app is clever, I am slightly disappointed by the smoothness (unless in slo-mo) of video produced and the impact of using gimbal seems to me to be minimal over hand held, slow, steady shots - but that's probably as much down to me forgetting to do the knee bend walk etc.

I had a similar experience with my original Mavic Pro. Great product when it works, customer support is terrible though.
2021-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules