Running out of update ideas.
833 10 2020-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

OK ive spent many hours and downloaded 10s of GBs now and cant get this thing to work.
First attempt via wifi failed with lack of space.
Second attempt SD card removed, plenty of space on device, tried with DJI assistant.  Hung on 98% requiring a factory reset to reboot it.

Factory reset tried on wifi, failed on a clean install with no space error.
Another factory reset.
Failed on DJI assistant with "not a valid package".

Any other ideas or shall i just completely give up?  It literally wont work on a clean, factory reset device with no SD card fitted using wifi or a computer!
2020-9-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try reapply first the previews firmware (downgrade) and then upgrade to the new one.
2020-9-26
Use props
peter_mars
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30722 ft

Austria

For me it is not working
2020-9-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

peter_mars Posted at 9-26 13:43
For me it is not working

Try applying the very older firmware available on the list. I believe you will have 3 options. start from the older one then , the second one and finally the last firmware.
Also try changing to another USB port of your computer and also try with another cable.
I want to eliminate hardware issues.
2020-9-26
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are MANY posts now (both here and YouTube)  that have step by step solutions to the update problem and a lot of useful tips that I am sure will help...Have you reviewed the different settings and cables?
Never mind WiFi...Use the assistant program with a PC and a RELIABLE Internet connection. Turn off or increase the "sleep" timing for the remote's screen in case that is timing out before it reaches the point of where the update has transferred to the remote and is unpacking/installing...If you research this, I am sure you will a solution that works for you...Looks to be not just one thing causing this trouble! Everything from cables to  screens timing out and network settings
2020-9-28
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D568%26typeid%3D568
2020-9-28
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2020-9-28
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

-> Hung on 98% requiring a factory reset to reboot it.

I'm sure you know but just in case: During the last step (updating firmware) the process takes a long time to finish at exactly 98%. The SC is rebooting three times and this takes like 8 minutes or so. On the Assistant screen it looks like it got stuck, though.
2020-9-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is not the case for many people. Even by doing that process fail because the memory full error. A full reset or data deleted is required in order to free that space for those cases like mine.
2020-9-28
Use props
Drone-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

make sure your settings is set to never for your screen to turn off. Make sure your device does not go to sleep
2020-9-28
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Tried all that (screen never turns off, waiting 90 mins on 98% before factory resetting).

FWIW i got it in the end after 4 further factory resets and attempts with assistant 2.  Eventually after doing the same thing again and again it stuck and worked.
2020-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules