Finally here? Osmo Pocket 2 on Oct. 20, 2020!
7202 33 2020-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmy
lvl.1

United States

let the rumors and leaks begin!
https://dronexl.co/2020/09/25/dji-osmo-pocket-2-will-be-released-on-october-20th-2020/
2020-9-26
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hope so, been waiting for an upgrade and hope they add more features and built in functionality. Thanks for posting.
2020-9-26
Use props
osmy
lvl.1

United States

RobCass Posted at 9-26 18:11
Hope so, been waiting for an upgrade and hope they add more features and built in functionality. Thanks for posting.

yup, I hope it's true as well, others are catching up if DJI won't upgrade.
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will hold my breath.
Sort of.
If the motion timelapse is any good, I might jump on this one
2020-9-26
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think with osmo pocket , dji really nailed the innovation first of a kind, it will be interesting to see what the op2 brings.

There are many enhancements that could have been added to the op1 ( but were not in firmware upgrades ) so maybe these are saved for the op2.

However, will there be any groundbreaking new features ?

I could see a real usp, would be digital stabilisation on top of the mechanical gymbal to fully smooth the up and down of walking which is the downfall of any of the current stabilising systems. ( unless you wish to walk like a ninja ! )

I’m surprised the ‘leak’ of op2 didn’t happen before the release of the gopro9 though ? It’s not exactly the same market but there is a big overlap in users.
2020-9-27
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

When they stopped releasing updates to OP I was hoping that they started to develop OP 2. Lets see is the webcam function there.
2020-9-27
Use props
osmy
lvl.1

United States

RobCass Posted at 9-26 18:11

yup, I hope it's true and release it soon!
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there osmy. Thank you for reaching out and for the positive this link here at DJI Forum. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future cameras. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-9-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Pretty cool
2020-10-3
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Osmo Pocket 1 was already a great new genre opener.
I wounder how DJI would perfect this genre with Osmo Pocket 2 to their original vision.

One possiblity is to bring the price down with cheaper material and make OP2 more affordable for everyone.
(Just as they did with Osmo Mobile 2)

But I hope they  up their game to match with today's ML assisted smart phone cameras.
1/2.0" Sensor with ML orientied HDR would be nice but most of all it would be interesting if DJI would tackle stabilizing vertical walking bounce.

More remote control capability as a crane cam or FPV cam capability would be interesting as well.
2020-10-4
Use props
philipv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1509 ft
Philippines

So excited! I have been waiting for forever. My wishlist:

1. Removable batteries: this will extend the life of the product and also if you’re low on battery, it’s easier to have a full charge.

2. Built-in joystick and wifi

3. 1 inch sensor: or just a bigger sensor

4. Vertical/z-axis stabilization

5. 3.5mm jack
2020-10-4
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

philipv Posted at 10-4 01:58

1. Removable batteries: this will extend the life of the product and also if you’re low on battery, it’s easier to have a full charge.

I agree with your list as I dislike having to carry around a bunch of accessories and then forget one especially the mic adapter) and then cannot use my Rode. The idea is that you should be able to grab this device and go out an shoot without having to take an inventory to make sure you have all you secondary accessories.
2020-10-4
Use props
philipv
lvl.2
Philippines

RobCass Posted at 10-4 06:06
I agree with your list as I dislike having to carry around a bunch of accessories and then forget one especially the mic adapter) and then cannot use my Rode. The idea is that you should be able to grab this device and go out an shoot without having to take an inventory to make sure you have all you secondary accessories.

Also, the accessories just make it a lot more expensive than it should be.
2020-10-4
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

philipv Posted at 10-4 01:58

1. Removable batteries: this will extend the life of the product and also if you’re low on battery, it’s easier to have a full charge.

In case of 3.5mm jack, DJI should open up some wireless mic receiver function.
Connection with Air Pod Pro would be nice.
Even better, just intergrate Rode Wireless GO's receiver function into the device.
(Imagine DJI collaboration with Rode...)
2020-10-4
Use props
playmatka
lvl.1

India

Informative post
2020-10-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If so, it may just be what I've  been waiting for.
2020-10-6
Use props
philipv
lvl.2
Philippines

Arpettaz Posted at 10-6 12:58
So basically something that won’t fit in a pocket anymore because it has to be bigger to meet your wish list

I’ll be happy if it’s a bit bigger with those features.
2020-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 10-4 01:11
Osmo Pocket 1 was already a great new genre opener.
I wounder how DJI would perfect this genre with Osmo Pocket 2 to their original vision.

I think if they simply use camera and program from Air2 you shall get most of what you wish for. Must say HDR is pretty good on Air2. Fingers crossed.
2020-10-7
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-8
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Spain

FAKE rumors, fake news-
2020-10-8
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MM_Pro Posted at 10-8 11:01
FAKE rumors, fake news-

Seeing that it is just over a week from supposed announcement and there are no teasers on DJI site make me agree that this was wishful thinking.
2020-10-10
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

What are the chances of current pocket filter working with v2? It is so ridiculous to have to buy new filters when a new camera comes out. That alone will be a reason I won't upgrade.
2020-10-10
Use props
philipv
lvl.2
Philippines

RobCass Posted at 10-10 07:05
Seeing that it is just over a week from supposed announcement and there are no teasers on DJI site make me agree that this was wishful thinking.

Agree. But all the sales around the world are pointing at a new version. Maybe not on October 20, but hopefully sooner rather than later.
2020-10-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

col4bin Posted at 10-10 07:47
What are the chances of current pocket filter working with v2? It is so ridiculous to have to buy new filters when a new camera comes out. That alone will be a reason I won't upgrade.

No chance, we live in an age where hardware is just a route to getting all of your money (;+)::::
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR
lvl.2

Pakistan

anxiously waiting for it
2020-10-12
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 22:21
Hello there osmy. Thank you for reaching out and for the positive this link here at DJI Forum. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future cameras. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

thanks Stephen,
as owner of OP-1 i am somehow happy to hear that no new version soon coming out.
kind of too much replacing almost every year or so.
and i can still enjoy longer with my OP until its totally out of fashion.
2020-10-12
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

001.jpg

I found two new Osmo Pocket 2 FCC listings.
It seems Osmo Pocket 2 is actually coming.

And the name is DJI Pocket 2.
2020-10-14
Use props
osmy
lvl.1

United States

Tide Posted at 10-14 05:38
[view_image]

I found two new Osmo Pocket 2 FCC listings.

great find! I found some more information too.

FCC filing for Osmo Pocket 2: https://fccid.io/2ANDR-OT2122010

can this be the actual shape of OP2?
2020-10-14
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

osmy Posted at 10-14 06:52
great find! I found some more information too.

FCC filing for Osmo Pocket 2: https://fccid.io/2ANDR-OT2122010

That is a shape of Do-It-All- Handle accessory.
It is 30mm wide and 50mm tall.

What I speculate from the document,
It attatches at the bottom of the Pocket 2 by USB-C port and works as a extended handle and wireless adaptor.
Also has a 1/4" tripod mount hole at the bottom.
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

akozc Posted at 10-12 16:46
thanks Stephen,
as owner of OP-1 i am somehow happy to hear that no new version soon coming out.
kind of too much replacing almost every year or so.

Hi there akozc. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your valued support and keep on filming. .
2020-10-14
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
United States

Less than a week to go before the big day
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules