Fun day flying
596 8 2020-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

I spent the morning setting up my MM and MA2, sorted out calibration on both units, checked the props and a general once over to ensure the drones where flight worthy. Charged up 6 x MM and 3 x MA2 batteries and both controllers. Made sure my Samsung S9 was up to date, fully charged and ready for a couple hours of fun. After a light lunch setup my aerodrome on my concrete pool table and got ready for action.

I started my MA2 up first switched the LED strobe on and let the bird go as far as she would go legally and with the strobe just visible turned her back to home and switch her into SPORT mode. At speed doing aerial doughnuts and handbrake turns my MA2 attracted the attention of about 10 swallows and they started following my MA 2 to the left and then to the right, diving and maneuvering to keep up. Just as I was really getting into the swallow’s rhythm the third battery RTN home low battery warning sounded brought me back down to earth and had to end my MA2’s flying for the day.

Now the MM with 6 batteries charged and ready to go, man a bad start 50 meters out I started getting low signal errors, I resolved this by changing the angle of the aerials on the remote. Once the signal problem was resolved I had problems with a payload error restricting my flight distance, I switched the pay load switch off and started flying out to where I last flew with the swallows, they had left. The next moment I notice a large eagle taking interest in my MM, the eagle started circling my MM, maybe the reason all the swallows disappeared. I quickly brought the MM down and landed my baby bird safely. 2.5 hrs. of airtime any ware is a huge amount of fun.

I later took the MM up again and shot a couple of hyper-laps pics of the sunset, but as you can see I need a lot of training with this LOL.

2020-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

nice first attempt but try to keep it steady flying when you going for a hyper lapse
2020-9-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad to read that you had fun, and the MM survived the attentions of the eagle!  A bit more practice and you'll bring home lots of footage. Thanks for the share.
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep at it mate
2020-9-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-26
Use props
Mortensldk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Nice done! thanks for sharing
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you make the frames last much shorter (you need a lot of frames) it will turn out smoother.
2020-9-26
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Thanks all expected a lot more criticism, and thanks for the tips and advice
2020-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft