Ronin shipped for repairs, sent back still broken.
920 1 2020-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4strings2wheels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1070 ft
Canada

I've never really used the focus wheel on my Ronin-S often, so I never really paid it any attention. But recently I went to use it with a new and DJI supported camera, and it just kept flashing red at me.  After reinstalling each layer of firmware, I discovered an error in update 1.4.0.30 but I was able to skip it so I never really paid much attention to it. I contacted DJI for a repair and they sent me a case number and a shipping label. I shipped it out a few weeks later and with-in a couple days recieved notification of a repair quote. Labor and parts $70 US, I paid it assuming my case number had a file attached to it and someone would ge to the bottom of my issues. The gimbal was shipped back to me quite quickly, I have to say I was impressed with the turn aroud time. Too bad no one did their job.

IT DID NOT GET FIXED. The service center in California, cleaned it, replaced the joystick (which I purposefully did not ship, and then they charged me for a new one) and that's it!!!!
My focus wheel still does not work... And the courier company charged me an import tax for something I already own (I live in Canada).

So now I'm out $100 US and still no working gimbal. How can a company with such a good products not figure out they need a self diagnostic app to help solve problems? And how did my repair not even happen?

Now I have to rent a gimbal for the job I have lined up on Monday.
Thanks for nothing DJI.
2020-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dear customer, we are so sorry to read the Focus Wheel is still not working after getting back from the repair center. I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, per the damagae assessment team and the test team, the Focus Wheel works fine on both sides of the grip, there was a cosmetic damage on pan axis securing knob, and the control stick was missing when we received it, sorry that we wasn't aware that you purposefully did not ship the joystick. Since the warranty period of your Ronin-S has been expired, it is a non-warranty service.

For the Focus Wheel, may we confirm which camera and cable you are using? Are other functions working except the Focus Wheel? Any chance to share us a short video for further troubleshooting?

Regarding the import tax that the courier company charged, may we have a screenshot of their email or anything written for further verification?
2020-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules