MA vs MA2
750 8 2020-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

I'm looking for opinions. Should I sell my mavic air and get a mavic air 2?  I'm just not sure about the bigger controller and the dji fly app. Any opinions on whether the new controller is as good? Im also not sure if i like the dji fly app; it seems to have alot less info then dji go 4 and i have heard that it is hard to tell the drone's battery percentage because the numbers are white and its often hard to see against the sky when the camera is pointed forward. Any ideas help. Thanks
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The MA was a great little drone but as for the MA2 - I prefer it to any drone I've owned - which I think says it all.
2020-9-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Spec wise, it is a great update.
The video quality that you get from it is much better than with the MA.
Also the flight time.
But I agree on the controller / app. I have some doubts still.
(I'm on MP, so I can't help you with real user input)
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 9-26 23:56
Spec wise, it is a great update.
The video quality that you get from it is much better than with the MA.
Also the flight time.

The controller is awesome mate and the app is very easy to navigate.
2020-9-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Drone Exploration. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given us. I hope that you will get the best information you need with regards to this matter from our fellow DJI co pilots. In addition, I will post a link where in you can compare both the DJI Mavic Air to the DJI Mavic Air 2 and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-9-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Without question you should upgrade.
2020-9-28
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have them both and I favor the MA2; flight time, camera quality, extra avoidance features, etc. I decided to keep my MA, as my my nephew and I fly together....and he favors the MA2
2020-9-28
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

djicheaha Posted at 9-28 09:34
I have them both and I favor the MA2; flight time, camera quality, extra avoidance features, etc. I decided to keep my MA, as my my nephew and I fly together....and he favors the MA2

Any trouble with the new controller? I have heard that is can be a bit awkward while using the pinch method over thumbs...
2020-9-28
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem, for me with the new controller. I use the thumb method and while not necessary, I also purchased extended sticks. Enjoy your flying.
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules