Real estate outdoor picture at dusk. Is low light an issue ?
459 7 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philgib
lvl.3

France

Hello,

I think we all experienced taking off with our Mavic Mini in some dark environment inside our house, and obtain thet error message that it is too dark for the sensors.
Is there any realtor here who has tried to make real estate pictures at dusk (you know, the typical one, all lights on for all windows) and was there any issue ?

Worse, as most of the properties I have to sell as a real estate agent, I may be flying above water so that I can catch, the ocean, the beach and the lightened front house

Thanks
2020-9-27
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

I have flown with and without at night, if you have gps and arent a bad pilotit will be fine.
2020-9-27
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I do a lot of my flying at night.  Here is a video I did a month or two ago.  It was nothing but a test of the Dronie QuickShot, but it was taken at dusk.  You can see that the landscape lighting had come on, so it may be fairly similar to the light level that you are aiming for.  The video was not processed in any way - simply copied from the uSD card and uploaded to YouTube.  Should give you an idea of how well the Mini worked.

2020-9-27
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

K6CCC Posted at 9-27 17:58
I do a lot of my flying at night.  Here is a video I did a month or two ago.  It was nothing but a test of the Dronie QuickShot, but it was taken at dusk.  You can see that the landscape lighting had come on, so it may be fairly similar to the light level that you are aiming for.  The video was not processed in any way - simply copied from the uSD card and uploaded to YouTube.  Should give you an idea of how well the Mini worked.

Thank you.. Yes, that's is quite similar to what I want to achieve, with a bit more light ( 10 mn after the sun goes down ).  

I am glad to see that low light had no impact on your drone, although when flying above the sea water, everything is dark for the sensors. You are flying above the ground.

Cheers
2020-9-27
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-27 17:58
I do a lot of my flying at night.  Here is a video I did a month or two ago.  It was nothing but a test of the Dronie QuickShot, but it was taken at dusk.  You can see that the landscape lighting had come on, so it may be fairly similar to the light level that you are aiming for.  The video was not processed in any way - simply copied from the uSD card and uploaded to YouTube.  Should give you an idea of how well the Mini worked.
https://youtu.be/aStCOdQqFFw

2020-9-28
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I believe some have had issues with landing and piloting, but if you keep it LOS I think you should be OK
2020-9-28
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

videoeditman Posted at 9-28 10:06
I believe some have had issues with landing and piloting, but if you keep it LOS I think you should be OK

2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there philgib. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have give us. I hope that you will get the best information you need from our fellow DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link on Night Photography - Best settings & Useful Tips ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-144591-1-1.html ). Thank you.
2020-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules