Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart controller stuck at 99%
3951 8 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am aware that the smart controller update getting stuck at 99%  thru over the air. Now it is stuck at 99% thru the DJI Mavic air assist app. Also keeps poping message NETWORK ERROR.

Any recommendations?
2020-9-27
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sincerely feel your pain. I spent over five hours yesterday to finally get the new firmware to take on the smart controller. Frankly I do not even recall exactly what I did as they were so many different things. However, here I will try to help you. After getting start at the 99% and then several no network connection errors, I went out to the internet to look for Solutions. Among these were to remove the SD card. There were several suggestions on during the update from your computer wish I'd had been doing as well as through the wireless on the smart controller. Repeated attempts at the update on the internal smart controller memory kept getting filled up by not removing the attempted update. This was causing insufficient memory messages. Finally I restored the smart controller to its original configuration. I believe I had tried that a couple of times but with a reboot ofor smart controller ito worked. Note, you will need to reset all of your gimbal and camera settings.
2020-9-27
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you try following this post ?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D568%26typeid%3D568
2020-9-27
Use props
Drone-Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 9-27 05:34
I sincerely feel your pain. I spent over five hours yesterday to finally get the new firmware to take on the smart controller. Frankly I do not even recall exactly what I did as they were so many different things. However, here I will try to help you. After getting start at the 99% and then several no network connection errors, I went out to the internet to look for Solutions. Among these were to remove the SD card. There were several suggestions on during the update from your computer wish I'd had been doing as well as through the wireless on the smart controller. Repeated attempts at the update on the internal smart controller memory kept getting filled up by not removing the attempted update. This was causing insufficient memory messages. Finally I restored the smart controller to its original configuration. I believe I had tried that a couple of times but with a reboot ofor smart controller ito worked. Note, you will need to reset all of your gimbal and camera settings.

Thanks for your response. I've been at it for the past two days with a major headache and half a bottle of Tylenol already gone  So it's normal to get the message that shows in the picture?
20200927_101032.jpg
2020-9-27
Use props
Drone-Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 9-27 05:42
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225395&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D568%26typeid%3D568
Thank you very much for your help. I was able to update the remote flawlessly with the instructions. my only mistake is I did not remember that I had low battery and had to start from scratch but it's okay was I able to get it to work
2020-9-27
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 9-27 05:42
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225395&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D568%26typeid%3D568

Zeus, thank you. Your post was the most helpful. DJI should post a warning that for some they should be a "Technical Acrobat," and follow your directions.
2020-9-28
Use props
Drone-Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible to delete the mavic air app if you don't have a mavic air drone as it's taking space in the smart controller
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Drone-Pilot Posted at 9-28 04:26
Is it possible to delete the mavic air app if you don't have a mavic air drone as it's taking space in the smart controller

Hi there, may I double confirm if you see the DJI Fly app on your device?
As far as I know, if you do not have a Mavic Air 2 and linked it to the Smart Controller, it will not take much space of the Smart Controller, please don't worry.
2020-9-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ironically, after apply the update you will have over 3GB free space.
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules