1645 11 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NeilG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, can someone please help.

I was using Iphone 7 to my Spark with OTG  cable with no problem.

I now have P30 and purchased OTG but I can’t get the phone to connect. It just tries to charge the RC. I saw some articles on you tube where it points to connecting cable one way only, but I can only connect one way because of phone connector. Wireless connection to RC  is OK, but I want the performance of OTG. Hopefully this is possible?

Cheers
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NeilG. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if there will be changes. Upon checking the Huawei P30 Lite on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Spark. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Huawei P30 Lite will be able to work with the said drone. However, since it is not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2020-9-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Go to developer options on your phone and disable the charge option there. this is for the phone settings not the Dji app.
2020-9-28
Use props
NeilG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-28 20:51
Hello there NeilG. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if there will be changes. Upon checking the Huawei P30 Lite on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Spark. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is still not yet recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Huawei P30 Lite will be able to work with the said drone. However, since it is not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi, I know the drone is OK as I can fly it with phone and Wifi to the RC. Shame that the phone isn’t deemed compatible by DJI. It is Android after all.
2020-9-29
Use props
NeilG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-28 21:46
Go to developer options on your phone and disable the charge option there. this is for the phone settings not the Dji app.

Thanks, I will give it a go. Not sure where developer options are, but I will  look. I read some threads about similar settings plus reversing the cable, but  can’t do that.
2020-9-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NeilG Posted at 9-29 12:07
Thanks, I will give it a go. Not sure where developer options are, but I will  look. I read some threads about similar settings plus reversing the cable, but  can’t do that.

Devolper option would be in your phone settings, scroll all the way down
2020-9-29
Use props
NeilG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-29 20:04
Devolper option would be in your phone settings, scroll all the way down

Thanks. It was hidden and I needed to press version 7 times to activate it. Disabled  charge option. Will try again.
2020-10-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NeilG Posted at 10-1 06:39
Thanks. It was hidden and I needed to press version 7 times to activate it. Disabled  charge option. Will try again.

2020-10-1
Use props
NeilG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Disabled charge option, but when I connect phone to RC the lights still flash on RC and phone doesn’t connect. Can’t reverse cable because of different connectors.
2020-10-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NeilG Posted at 10-3 06:59
Disabled charge option, but when I connect phone to RC the lights still flash on RC and phone doesn’t connect. Can’t reverse cable because of different connectors.

Have you tried another phone, maybe an iPhone
2020-10-3
Use props
NeilG
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 10-3 11:58
Have you tried another phone, maybe an iPhone

I used to have iPhone but lost it. Given up with phone. I have iPad mini which I just tried and it all worked ok. I just need to find a bracket to use iPad and RC.

I presume iPad mini will be just fine. Any issues you know of?
2020-10-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NeilG Posted at 10-5 08:30
I used to have iPhone but lost it. Given up with phone. I have iPad mini which I just tried and it all worked ok. I just need to find a bracket to use iPad and RC.

I presume iPad mini will be just fine. Any issues you know of?

Ipad is a good screen to fly with.
2020-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules