GPS Info is Hidden until...
807 2 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAmetry
lvl.2

United States

I open the image with Preview.

I'm trying to figure out why the GPS information doesn't initially display in Finder. If I open the image in Preview and then close it without saving the detailed information displays. Why?

The link below shows what is happening.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJxWWmaj7cLKMM1okidlZKOGxe8qzbiF/view?usp=drivesdk

If I don't do this open/close routine, will the GPS information be visible to photogrammetry software?

I was using the D-RTK2 basestation and had a FIX during the entire flight.

Thanks,
CJ
2020-9-27
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

I dont use Finder but the way to answer "will the GPS information be visible to photogrammetry software?" is to try it.
Another thing you can do is open the jpg file with a text editor ad look for the strings like the attach. Location in yellow, precision in red
2020-09-27_19-04-08_b.jpg
2020-9-27
Use props
UAmetry
lvl.2

United States

Guille_Meinero Posted at 9-27 14:07
I dont use Finder but the way to answer "will the GPS information be visible to photogrammetry software?" is to try it.
Another thing you can do is open the jpg file with a text editor ad look for the strings like the attach. Location in yello[view_image]w, precision in red

Thank you Guille for you reply. I did try the photos in WebODM and YES! the location data is used from the photos. I just don't understand why the info doesn't display at first in Finder.
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules