Dust in airrunit camera
1317 6 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darkhawkreaper.org
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi

I have mounted a new air unit on a quad and there is dust on sensor.
What is the process to have this fixed.
Weary of opening it up myself and its a sealed unit.

Thanks
2020-9-27
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

ive had a brand new camera with this issue, I got in touch with the store i bought from and they said i should open the camera to clean, i tried explaining that the camera was sealed, they said they would ask DJI about replacing it but never heard back
Screenshot 2020-09-27 192130.png
2020-9-27
Use props
darkhawkreaper.org
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I checked video on youtube and there is a filter between lens and sensor so I cannot clean it. I have opened up a support ticket with DJI.
2020-9-27
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

This seems like a common complaint. I've had a speck of dust in my lens since I bought it, and have just been putting up with it.  I don't want to deal with the hassle of opening a ticket and possibly having to do a return.  
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there darkhawkreaper.org. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate issue is happening on the said drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-9-28
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

IMO as those cameras are sealed, if no dmg was done to camera - there can be only one solution - replace
2020-9-29
Use props
darkhawkreaper.org
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Opened Case

Update, I opened a case with DJI and they responded I 2 days, I took 2 days to get back to them providing pictures serial no and proof of purchase. Will have to wait and see how they respond.  Will be interesting to see how a larger company in this hobby handles these things.

Camera

Camera
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules