Mini Strobe
1063 17 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

We've all seen and some here have those small rechargeable small strobes.
I'm talk about the one that are about the size 1/2 X 1".
I accidentally found something out about them.
They are on eBay and Amazon under different brand names.
They come with no instructions and I found out by accident that while in strobe mode and you push the tines button twice fast it will go into a double flash mode.
It makes it much easier to see.
I was about to buy another brand because I wanted a faster strobe but that little sucker has dose it's.
I hope this helps someone.
Doug
2020-9-27
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Interesting.  The ones I received a couple weeks ago did have instructions on the website where I bought them.  When it is turned on, it's a very rapid quad flash.  From a distance, it almost looks like about a quarter second on time - but REALLY bright!.  Pushing the one button on the ones I have does not change the number of flashes.  Sounds like mine are different than yours.
Flew with them for the first time last night.  I am very happy with them.
2020-9-27
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-27 17:49
Interesting.  The ones I received a couple weeks ago did have instructions on the website where I bought them.  When it is turned on, it's a very rapid quad flash.  From a distance, it almost looks like about a quarter second on time - but REALLY bright!.  Pushing the one button on the ones I have does not change the number of flashes.  Sounds like mine are different than yours.
Flew with them for the first time last night.  I am very happy with them.

The one I have is the common one that sells for around $10. There are many on eBay and Amazon . It’s the common one with only one light. When in flashing mode you push the switch twice Quickly..
These are the little ones that valcor on usually on rear bottom above the rear light.
Doug
2020-9-27
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

This is the ones I bought.  Bright enough that when they are flashing sitting on my desk, you really don't want to look at them.  There is only one light, but they are really bright!
https://carolinadronz.com/produc ... -for-your-uav-drone
2020-9-27
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-27 18:02
This is the ones I bought.  Bright enough that when they are flashing sitting on my desk, you really don't want to look at them.  There is only one light, but they are really bright!
https://carolinadronz.com/products/strobon-uav-strobe-cree-brighter-light-for-your-uav-drone

Yep. They all look just like that from different venders.
I’ve see them sell for $8 to $22.
But be careful where they are sent from ( my mistake) because mine came from China and took a month to get here. I learned my lesson.
Their are some I’ve seen that are shipped from New York.
So far I like mine.
Doug
2020-9-27
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

hi, I watched some videos on YouTube but it's night tjrs I wonder if it's effective also in the middle of the day, do you have an example video of day ?
Thank you
2020-9-28
Use props
hansoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50794 ft
United States

I'm curious as  to how much weight they add to the drone...  My Mini weighs in at 246g when ready to fly....
2020-9-28
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

hansoff Posted at 9-28 01:43
I'm curious as  to how much weight they add to the drone...  My Mini weighs in at 246g when ready to fly....

Hmmm mine is 249 without accessories, do you have an sd card inserted?
2020-9-28
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

VanzPix Posted at 9-28 01:28
hi, I watched some videos on YouTube but it's night tjrs I wonder if it's effective also in the middle of the day, do you have an example video of day ?
Thank you

It helps some but not a lot especially when wou are below the tree line. As far as distance in the sky not as much.
I leave mine on all the time.
Doug
2020-9-28
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

amir_KING Posted at 9-28 05:42

It puts it over the 250 grans by a few grams , guessing about 4rams. It doesn’t affect the flight.
I will be registering my mini so I don’t have to worry about the added weight.
Doug
2020-9-28
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

Donut Posted at 9-28 06:52
It puts it over the 250 grans by a few grams , guessing about 4rams. It doesn’t affect the flight.
I will be registering my mini so I don’t have to worry about the added weight.
Doug

Thanks!
2020-9-28
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

Donut Posted at 9-28 06:47
It helps some but not a lot especially when wou are below the tree line. As far as distance in the sky not as much.
I leave mine on all the time.
Doug

2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Doug. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given us. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the DJI Mavic Mini. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Strobe light on there DJI Mavic Mini. Just a reminder that if accessories are mounted to the DJI Mavic Mini, it is recommended to enable the Payload Mode for enhanced safety. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-9-28
Use props
hansoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50794 ft
United States

amir_KING Posted at 9-28 05:42

Yes Sir. Weighed on a digital scale...
2020-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-27 18:02
This is the ones I bought.  Bright enough that when they are flashing sitting on my desk, you really don't want to look at them.  There is only one light, but they are really bright!
https://carolinadronz.com/products/strobon-uav-strobe-cree-brighter-light-for-your-uav-drone

I have the same ones.  The CREE LEDs are bright.
2020-9-29
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

hansoff Posted at 9-29 01:53
Yes Sir. Weighed on a digital scale...

Hmmmmm. At least its not OVER the limit!
2020-9-29
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Donut Posted at 9-28 06:47
I leave mine on all the time.
Doug

Thank you for your reply
2020-9-29
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

VanzPix Posted at 9-29 09:50
Thank you for your reply

Looks like I got into a little trouble on the board about my post. Sorry everyone.
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules