Clear Aircraft Flight Data Cache
6449 11 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gdfaini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531955 ft
United States

In DJI Fly App, if I clear the Aircraft Flight Data Cache, will it zero out my cumulative time, distance, and flight counter?
2020-9-27
Use props
TerminalVelocity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to make sure all your flights are synced with DJI before doing so.  If everything is accounted for, you can clear the cache or even delete/reinstall the app and not lose anything.
2020-9-27
Use props
gdfaini
lvl.3
United States

TerminalVelocity Posted at 9-27 19:27
You need to make sure all your flights are synced with DJI before doing so.  If everything is accounted for, you can clear the cache or even delete/reinstall the app and not lose anything.

Thanks. How do I check to make sure my data is synched with DJI?
2020-9-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

gdfaini Posted at 9-27 19:51
Thanks. How do I check to make sure my data is synched with DJI?

After uploading you see a message in the app : "upload succesfull"
2020-9-28
Use props
gdfaini
lvl.3
United States

Thanks. I knew that. I was hoping there was a way to confirm that it worked by logging in to a website to verify that the log is there or syncing to another device.  Unfortunately,  none of my other Android devices are compatible with DJI Fly.
2020-9-28
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

When I fly, I turn data sync off - I have a P-Touch label on the controller to remind me.  After I fly, I connect my phone to my computer and download the .DAT and .txt data files to the computer.  Then I turn data sync back on, and make the selection to upload the data.  As JJB said, it will say that the upload was successful, but it usually takes a day or two before the .DAT files are deleted from my phone.  Also usually a day or two later the additional distance will be shown here on the forum.
2020-9-28
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Unfortunately,  none of my other Android devices are compatible with DJI Fly.

You made me think.  I have the DJI Fly app on both my Android (what I normally fly with) and my #$%^&* iPhone (flew with it once to see that it worked - and never expect to do so again unless the Android breaks).  I had never even looked to see if the flight records synced between the two.  Had to turn data sync on on the iPhone, but within seconds the data started appearing.
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. Please sync your flight records before clearing the cache. Thank you.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 9-28 11:39
After uploading you see a message in the app : "upload succesfull"

... but unfortunately the statement (at least mostly for me) is incorrect!

It often takes many, many attempts before the upload has actually taken place ...

2020-9-29
Use props
gdfaini
lvl.3
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 08:12
... but unfortunately the statement (at least mostly for me) is incorrect!

I had the same experience. After turning on sync I had to try several times to get them all to upload. When I exited the screen and went back it would say three left or two left or one left. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy that they are actually there.  I won't clear the cache until I can confirm that they are backed up via a second device.
2020-9-29
Use props
TerminalVelocity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2dfd5118 Posted at 9-29 08:57
I had the same experience. After turning on sync I had to try several times to get them all to upload. When I exited the screen and went back it would say three left or two left or one left. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy that they are actually there.  I won't clear the cache until I can confirm that they are backed up via a second device.

Having a second device is actually the sure way of knowing everything is synced with DJI.  I use my smart controller and iPhone for balancing the total number of flights and hours.  I also upload all my data to AirData.com which is a great repository for all of your flights that you can download later if needed.  Having the original files means you can repopulate your DJI Fly and DJI Go4 flight log folders on your device if you ever need to.
2020-10-4
Use props
RustyNailRanch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 462976 ft
Canada

so i have been copying the flight log txt files and MCDatflightrecord_DAT files onto my laptop. I didnt do a flightlog sync and lost the last few weeks of flights. Is there a way to paste the files i had copied from the cache in an attempt to recover the log?
2022-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules