1258 10 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Went out last night to catch the sunset. Ended up coming home with a busted Gopro mount - GoPro ejected to about 10m away but working still, DJI antenna mount and 1x snapped arm screw on the Badger HD. How does one remove the remaining screw part from the frame ? Other than that, all good and no other damage to the kwad. DJI goggle went "Have a black screen bitch" on me in a power loop on a fresh 2nd lipo. Saw it land and must have bounced 2m in the air on impact - On grass (which was lucky). Crash added to the end of the vid. Now managed to remove the arm screw with long nosed pliers, as with the arm off there was enough to grip and slowly unscrew and replace. All good again now.

2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPV looks so cool - great vid
2020-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    I need to get into FPV.
2020-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not so pleasant flight. But still nice to see (for me as a viewer that is)
2020-9-28
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

What flight controller are you using?

It was probably the 9V regulator for your air unit on your flight controller. When you gave it the gas to power loop, you had some power sag...which lead  to the video black out.

Solution: use a different FC made specifically for the DJI system, like the Kakute F7 HDV.
2020-9-28
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

Ouch! Ive not had one of these blackouts but i lost signal behind a hill/trees a few weeks back so I can relate to that feeling of dread. Really nice spot in the main flight vid, love those sunset flights, I really need to invest in a gopro, you just cant beat that hypersmooth.
2020-9-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool footage and my type of flying
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CoreyB10. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this cool and fast pace video you have created. Great work and keep on filming. .
2020-9-28
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mc54 Posted at 9-28 07:10

It was probably the 9V regulator for your air unit on your flight controller. When you gave it the gas to power loop, you had some power sag...which lead  to the video black out.

Thanks man. Not had it since this instance. It's been a rock and still a game changer.
2020-10-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-25 03:40
Thanks man. Not had it since this instance. It's been a rock and still a game changer.

Good to know mate
2020-11-2
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

mc54 Posted at 9-28 07:10

It was probably the 9V regulator for your air unit on your flight controller. When you gave it the gas to power loop, you had some power sag...which lead  to the video black out.

Some of the ESCs that came with the Kakute F7 had issues where they would cause desync. I broke an arm on a frame due to this. It also messed up the flight controller. I prefer the iFlight Succex-D F7 stacks which are also designed for the DJI system. Have dual gyros with sensor fusion, barometer, SDA/SCL can be accessed on UART 3 for GPS compass.
2020-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules