RAW photos
1516 12 2020-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_alb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260735 ft
Portugal

Does DJI have a problem with RAW photos? I say this because the Mavic Mini does not take photos in RAW (but here I understand, due to the equipment's commercial position), but now in the MA2? Why do I have to take JPEG + RAW photos? If I want RAW photos, I will convert them to JPEG later ... and I don't need to take up space on the card with photos that I won't use.
2020-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In JPEG + RAW it doesn't take two photos - it takes just the one and you can convert the JPEG to RAW in post.
2020-9-28
Use props
alex_alb
lvl.4
Portugal

A J Posted at 9-28 01:15
In JPEG + RAW it doesn't take two photos - it takes just the one and you can convert the JPEG to RAW in post.

I'm talking without being 100% sure, but I have 2 photos taken at the same time and in the same GPS coordinate and time.

Ps: Sorry in Portugese.

Time: 15 Set 202 18:05

2020-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_alb Posted at 9-28 01:40
I'm talking without being 100% sure, but I have 2 photos taken at the same time and in the same GPS coordinate and time.
Ps: Sorry in Portugese.
[view_image]

On my Mac I have just the one photo and can switch between JPEG and RAW - with a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb micro SD and 8gb of internal storage I can take literally capture thousands of stills in both without formatting.
2020-9-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A J Posted at 9-28 01:15

Convert the jpg to raw ???  I don't think so.
You probably meant to say that the camera takes just one image and outputs it as two image files.

2020-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-28 03:42
Convert the jpg to raw ???  I don't think so.
You probably meant to say that the camera takes just one image and outputs it as two image files.

That’s a better way of putting it mate
2020-9-28
Use props
Guff
New

United Kingdom

Every Digital Camera Senor ever, when it takes an image, makes a RAW file. Everything the senor picks up gets dumped into the  RAW file, (which is massive). The information in this file is propriety to the manufacturer, so a Sony Raw file is completely different from a Canon RAW file.  Manufacturers, however, have agreed to certain standards to make pictures universal. They convert their RAW's to JPG's in the camera .  JPG's are global and easily displayed but in the process discards a huge amount of information.
However, if you have a program like Lightroom, you can take propriety RAW files and play with colour/hues/contrast/saturation to make your own JPGs, instead of what the camera thinks is best.
Hope that helps
2020-10-28
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just delete the files you don't need.
2020-10-28
Use props
alex_alb
lvl.4
Portugal

itsdavesdrone Posted at 10-28 12:48
Just delete the files you don't need.

seriously? good advice.
2020-10-28
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

alex_alb Posted at 10-28 12:51
seriously? good advice.

You're welcome.
2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi alex_alb, thanks for reaching out! We currently only have a JPEG and/or JPEG+RAW format option for taking photos, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.
2020-10-28
Use props
JamesonHead
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hey alex_alb, iI have one question and it might be a little off topic, but you said you will convert them back in jpeg. May I know how you convert files like that. I have a jpg file that needs to in jpeg. I found a lot of converters online but I am interested are you using some kind of premium converter or I am fine with free online converter. This is the one I intended to use, it is from Converter365 website: https://www.converter365.com/image-converter/jpg/jpg-to-jpeg. Thanks in advance.
2021-9-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JamesonHead Posted at 9-23 03:07
Hey alex_alb, iI have one question and it might be a little off topic, but you said you will convert them back in jpeg. May I know how you convert files like that. I have a jpg file that needs to in jpeg. I found a lot of converters online but I am interested are you using some kind of premium converter or I am fine with free online converter. This is the one I intended to use, it is from Converter365 website: https://www.converter365.com/image-converter/jpg/jpg-to-jpeg. Thanks in advance.

Read the What is jpg? section in this article:
https://kinsta.com/blog/jpg-vs-jpeg/
2021-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules