Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S t e f a n
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 10-12 01:04
Was this at 4k 24 with 1/50 shutter?   Were these shot in D-Log?

4K HQ 29.97fps

Many videos I had intentionally filmed with a high shutter speed, quite different from the usual opinions in the forums.
This gives me more leeway and freedom between sharp or blurred background, because this can be decided later during video editing.
Sometimes I would like a little more depth between foreground and background, created with motion blur exclusively in the background. But sometimes I want to show a lot of details in the background.
It makes more work, but I have a free choice in video editing. Almost every clip has been adjusted to create the best possible image effect and depth.
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_cliz1ScI2mJF
New

United States

Absolutely beautiful. Wow
2020-10-12
Use props
S t e f a n
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

2020-10-12
Use props
TennesseeSteve
lvl.1
United States

Wow, that is great
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_c6eKS0NCJNaL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1111358 ft
France

Bravo, excellent reportage. Fait avec quel appareil ? Savez-vous comment je pourrais débloquer l'altitude maximale de 500 m pour filmer à la mer ?
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_c6eKS0NCJNaL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1111358 ft
France

J'ai un Mavic Air 2.   Merci
2020-10-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

S t e f a n Posted at 10-12 09:38
4K HQ 29.97fps

Many videos I had intentionally filmed with a high shutter speed, quite different from the usual opinions in the forums.

Where you shooting in D-Log or Normal color profile?
2020-10-12
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 10-12 23:27
Where you shooting in D-Log or Normal color profile?

D-log because of the 10 bit recording.
D-log itself actually interests me less. The 10 bits are the real highlight of the Mavic 2 Pro.

You can see it very nice from timestamp 11:31.
There is no overexposure of the lamps.
In 8 bit this would not be possible and the restaurants in the lower left corner would be completely overexposed.
In 10 Bit this is no problem anymore.

Or if you lighten the shadows, 10 bit contains much more information, e.g. watch from timestamp 11:02.
Such a shot against the sun and complete drawing of all details would not be possible with 8 bit.

8 Bit = 256 differences in brightness
10 bit = 1024

In the shadow area this is about 10 gradations (8 bits) or about 50 gradations (10 bits) = 5x more information. This makes a big difference in post-processing.

Greetings Stefan
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_47HGqOzFvRw2
New

Pakistan

Nice footage really like it. I am also using dji drone mavic mini pro cam and its produce nice 4K video. Right now I am using dji drone cam in my web agency (webtors solution & services) in Karachi for website designing corporate video of Ariel shoot.
2020-10-13
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

EPIC! Inspired Flyers Drone Community
2020-10-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 10-12 23:58
D-log because of the 10 bit recording.
D-log itself actually interests me less. The 10 bits are the real highlight of the Mavic 2 Pro.

So on low light you do D-Log?  What is your ISO value?  Do you shoot on Auto when it's day?  What is the steps for 12-bit and 16-bit?  How long it take to grade each scene?
2020-10-14
Use props
WalkinginHellas
First Officer

Greece

What a wonderful it this. Spectacular video with very good shots. My congratulations
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_0lo3LyVro2AY
lvl.1
Canada

Great video. I watched it start to end.
2020-10-15
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

only one word Magnificent
2020-10-16
Use props
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

I think this is one of the greatest drone videos ive seen in my time. No fancy editing just simple beautiful shots. Good work
2020-10-17
Use props
TheCliffhanger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 269295 ft
Greece

Amazing video
2020-10-17
Use props
George / გიორგი
New

Georgia

very nice place
2020-10-17
Use props
Sandollar
New
Flight distance : 7162 ft
United States

Wow! Wonderful. Made my first flight yesterday. You have given me inspiration.
2020-10-17
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks a lot guys.
You guys are the best.
Nice to meet you.
Thanks for your time and coming in.
A lot of heart and soul went into this video.

I try to overcome my personal limit with every new video, to move my personal limit a little bit. This motivates you strongly, you try new things, sometimes you run into a dead end and keep on fighting. When you finally reach the point of overcoming your personal limit, it makes you incredibly happy. And so it goes on step by step.

I will answer the still open questions about color grading tomorrow with more time.

Have a nice evening
Stefan
2020-10-17
Use props
ZONEPHOTOFILMS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381759 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

Nice video!!!1
2020-10-17
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 10-14 22:32
So on low light you do D-Log?  What is your ISO value?  Do you shoot on Auto when it's day?  What is the steps for 12-bit and 16-bit?  How long it take to grade each scene?

I use D-Log with 10 bit even with low light.
One has only advantages to record in all situations with 10 bit.

ISO always with 100. Better to brighten the videos afterwards than to work with high ISO values. Even a 1" sensor is still much too small to work with higher ISO values. It is not worth experimenting with this.

I don't think I understand this question:
What is the steps for 12-bit and 16-bit?
Try to answer it

8 bits = 256 brightness gradations per color channel (Jpeg and H264)
10 Bit = 1.024 brightness gradations per color channel ( Mavic2Pro and H265 )
12 bit = 4,096 brightness gradations per color channel (RAW photos - older camera)
14 Bit = 16.384 brightness gradations per color channel (RAW photos - newer cameras)
16 Bit = 65.536 brightness gradations per color channel (e.g. professional medium format camera)

For each scene with individual LUT I need about 15 hours.
Several days per LUT are always necessary. It is advisable to make fine corrections over several days and fresh eyes. Sometimes I also create several versions, because a scene can look very different.
To prevent eye fatigue, the light in the room should match the color temperature of the monitor. Always work with the same room brightness (without sunlight that changes).
Philips Hue lamps, for example, are not bad for this. You can adjust the color temperature and brightness exactly by software or app.

A hardware calibrated monitor is also recommended.
If you calibrate only with a COLORIMETER (software LUT table in the graphics card), you are trapped on the existing color space of the monitor.
For example, if you are using a monitor with 88% AdobeRGB, or 120% sRGB, most monitors are in an arbitrary color space and are not defined, it is not possible to change the color space even after calibration with a COLORIMETER. It is not possible to change a color space afterwards by software. Also the options in the monitor menu are only marketing.
Only with a hardware-calibrated monitor you can select the color spaces exactly or change them afterwards.
Without a calibrated monitor a complex color grading is not worth it. It's too much luck to hit the colors and brightness exat.

Greetings
Stefan
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S t e f a n Posted at 10-7 09:28
To all here. Thanks again

You're very welcome
2020-10-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 10-18 12:13
I use D-Log with 10 bit even with low light.
One has only advantages to record in all situations with 10 bit.

What do the % mean before RGB?

That's awesome intel you've shared. : )

So each individual LUT?  This is per movie or for a few scenes inside the movie?
2020-10-18
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 10-18 12:43
What do the % mean before RGB?

That's awesome intel you've shared. : )

After each video cut there is a new LUT (for each individual scene).
A sunset needs different editing (lots of dark shadows) than filmed in the midday sun (hard shadows and lights). Or backlighting needs a different treatment than rainy weather.
You can't just correct with color editing, you can work out emotions. If you film in rainy weather, you can use desaturation to further emphasize the scene.
All this, if it's good, not exaggerated and kitschy, takes a lot of time. This is the only way to get the most out of every scene.
Quite a few movies, even some Hollywood productions are part of it, are unfortunately only cheaply colored. There is e.g. a blue veil over the whole picture. This colors the faces, the clothes, everything in the picture. The picture becomes a colored mud.
A good color grading shows clear defined colors and no color veil over the photo. Artistically everything is allowed, but people recognize cheap productions very quickly, even as a layman.

About the color space:
Every monitor model has its own color space.
It depends on the installed panel in the monitor.

On the Internet, the standard color space (smallest common color space) is sRGB (photo) or Rec. 709 (video).
But there are many more and also larger color spaces, e.g. Adobe-RGB or DCI-P3, etc.
The explanation and why there are so many different color spaces would go too far in this thread.

Because 95 percent of all monitors do not exactly display e.g. sRGB, there are deviations in color saturation and color values. One monitor model is at 77% sRGB coverage, the next one at 86%, another model shows far above sRGB, and so on.
Unfortunately, the color spaces are rarely hit exactly.
Samsung Smartphones are again often far above sRGB.
A monitor above sRGB shows too saturated colors, below sRGB too little saturated, roughly explained.

This results in between the monitors, often strong deviation in color saturation, you probably know all of them. The smartphone shows mostly too saturated colors, compared to a PC monitor.
This has mainly to do with color space, if it deviates strongly.

If all devices had e.g. exactly sRGB, there would be no big difference in color saturation.

You can calibrate it with a COLORIMETER, but it is a strong compromise in quality, the built-in panel is still at e.g. 88% sRGB coverage and can only be changed conditionally by software.

With a hardware calibrated monitor you can set and switch real sRGB or DCI-P3 as color space, has 100% color fidelity.

There are still color profiles, can be embedded in the photos. But to explain all that would go beyond the scope of this article.
I just think it's important to have heard it and why calibrating hardware and the lamps in your room makes a lot of sense. Otherwise it's a lot of gambling and a pity about the time spent on color grading.
Depending on the monitor it can work well or not.
2020-10-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 10-18 13:47
After each video cut there is a new LUT (for each individual scene).
A sunset needs different editing (lots of dark shadows) than filmed in the midday sun (hard shadows and lights). Or backlighting needs a different treatment than rainy weather.
You can't just correct with color editing, you can work out emotions. If you film in rainy weather, you can use desaturation to further emphasize the scene.

So if you can get perfect intended color, it's a waste of time considering the colors wouldn't even show up like that on other people's setups?  So you basically want to engineer the setup for coloring where it would be in balance for the extreme high sat and low sat color space standards?

Maybe weigh color towards another color than another to ensure the intended emotional uprise appearance does show up?  This can be further dramatized w/ the right choice of sound and music?'

Is there anyway to simply the reason as to why there are various color spaces into 3 sentences just so the idea can be narrowed down enough that I could understand it w/o having zero idea of how come other than it just all exist as workarounds to something dumb such as patent licensing?

It can be as crazy as trying to tune audio to how it should be best w/ a certain setup but as we know on other setups, it's not going to sound that way and even with Auto DSP tuners, it will tune according to how the engineers want it to sound but for some people they want it to sound different than that as how it hits the brain from ear canal sizes and the vibration receptors vary amongst everybody?

A lot of videos, people still love even if they are viewing from many different devices but perhaps the ones that get truly emotionally connected are those w/ color setups that are as close to the design of the color graded that worked on that video?

I've read a lot of people are color blind and there are many color blinded people in the world.  It kind of doesn't make sense to someone who isn't color blind but that can also too play apart in the way the scenes are determined emotionally within the person?

If we color grade everything perfect but people see the red in different shades, that also too would play apart in the how the scene is interpretted?

To even make it even more complex, people's IRIS dilation levels or aperture opening of how much light enters their brain, some will see more contrast than others which also will play apart in the way the film is read?

From all this, we could assume trying to color grade as perfect as possible is determined by the way the person wants it to look and then using those color values as the formula to use for the films color baseline, it doesn't mean it's the best way to cut through air aerodynamically, it's just what someone feels it should be and everyone else who isn't grading is forced to agree to it being the "standard"?  So each "standard" is basically what people agree the color should be, company licensing subjectively?

Now, if people's afterlife's are determined by what people experience on Earth, wouldn't the value of production be considered extermely invaluable in terms of billions of dollars or more considering the afterlife is said to be eternal?
2020-10-18
Use props
SHERLOCKHOLMES
Second Officer

India

Wow nice work you have a great future
2020-10-19
Use props
djiuser_O0Bhqmybbhzv
lvl.1

Honduras

Very nice view, wish I could take those videos
2020-10-20
Use props
lemarc
lvl.2

Switzerland

Wonderful! I don't quite buy the story of a single walk after dinner for this one ;)
2020-10-20
Use props
SHERLOCKHOLMES
Second Officer

India

Wow nice work you have a great future.
2020-10-20
Use props
Drone View Poland
lvl.4
Flight distance : 285302 ft
Austria

Stunning footage
2020-10-21
Use props
aboutphototravel
lvl.3
Germany

This is such an amazing piece of work! maybe you want to check #aboutphototravel too
2020-10-24
Use props
Szampon
lvl.4
Poland

Nice video
2020-10-25
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Such a magnificent place, beautiful video.
2020-10-31
Use props
djiuser_2nITCQtoDd8Z
New

United States

Amazing views
2020-10-31
Use props
MichiSTF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1463 ft
Italy

Really beautiful! The colors are magnetizing
2020-11-1
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks
2020-11-1
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Beautiful video!
2020-11-2
Use props
poembrunch
lvl.1

Thailand

Thank you so much!!!

Find merchant crypto here!
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser_tem8UqtWXxFW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3546404 ft
United Kingdom

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 11-1 10:24
Thanks

Hi, amazing work, what drone did you use for this?
2020-11-8
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_tem8UqtWXxFW Posted at 11-8 16:24
Hi, amazing work, what drone did you use for this?

https://www.youtube.com/c/StefanZimmermann-Video/community
2020-11-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules