Smart Controller cracked antenna
2173 8 2020-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

My Smart Controller has a cracked antenna.  I'm not sure what caused it, I heard it crack when I flipped it up for use.  It's less than a week old.
The interior component is good, only the outer sleeve is cracked and can slide off.  
I emailed DJI USA but haven't heard back yet.  
Is this a component I can buy?

Antenna

Antenna
2020-9-28
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
United States

Dji emailed me back and it's being sent in for repair and testing.
2020-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Electromen. I am sorry to read and to know about your DJI Smart controller and it is good to know that your have contacted our DJI support team through email. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to assess the said remote controller and a proper resolution will be provided. Kindly please keep us posted. Again, I am sorry and thank you for your understanding.
2020-9-29
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-29 18:55
Hello there Electromen. I am sorry to read and to know about your DJI Smart controller and it is good to know that your have contacted our DJI support team through email. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to assess the said remote controller and a proper resolution will be provided. Kindly please keep us posted. Again, I am sorry and thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the reply.  I glued the antenna sleeve and slide it back on and it seems OK.  DJI wants to test the antenna which I thought was an excellent idea.  So off it goes for repair and testing.
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Electromen Posted at 9-30 02:59
Thanks for the reply.  I glued the antenna sleeve and slide it back on and it seems OK.  DJI wants to test the antenna which I thought was an excellent idea.  So off it goes for repair and testing.

Hope you get the replacement back soon. Also the antenna on the SC doesn't flip up like on the other RC's - you position it downward.
2020-9-30
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
United States

A J Posted at 9-30 03:03
Hope you get the replacement back soon. Also the antenna on the SC doesn't flip up like on the other RC's - you position it downward.

Yes I know., I printed the entire manual and put it in a 3 ring binder. I even read it, LOL
I heard it crack as soon as I started to move it from the closed position.  
Oh Well. Stuff breaks, get it fixed and move on.  I still have the original controller, I'm using it for now.
Thanks again.
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Electromen Posted at 9-30 03:17
Yes I know., I printed the entire manual and put it in a 3 ring binder. I even read it, LOL
I heard it crack as soon as I started to move it from the closed position.  
Oh Well. Stuff breaks, get it fixed and move on.  I still have the original controller, I'm using it for now.

2020-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Electromen Posted at 9-30 02:59
Thanks for the reply.  I glued the antenna sleeve and slide it back on and it seems OK.  DJI wants to test the antenna which I thought was an excellent idea.  So off it goes for repair and testing.

Hi there Electromen. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that you were able to get in touch with out DJI support team for us to be able to help you further with regards to this matter and the proper resolution will be given. Please keep us posted for further help and thank you.
2020-10-1
Use props
djiuser_tEgGCe2WTloB
New

Mexico

Same happened to me. Is it possible to simply buy the part? I can’t seem to find it anywhere online. It works fine, but feels very frail. I use my drone and controller professionally and too often to send it in for such a small part.
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules