476 9 2020-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

The other day I was taking photos and when I view the subject on my iPad before taking the image the exposure looked good.  But when I viewed the photos after every one was extremely washed out.  When I imported DNG images to Lightroom and did auto adjust everything looked normal.  Is this an error compressing the embedded JPG in the DNG file or do i have another issue?
2020-9-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

All RAW files tend to be flat. They are ment to be edited. DNG files are RAW images, a capture from the sensor without any modification. JPEG images are compressed and are already modified by the camera, in this case your drone.
2020-9-28
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 9-28 20:14
All RAW files tend to be flat. They are ment to be edited. DNG files are RAW images, a capture from the sensor without any modification. JPEG images are compressed and are already modified by the camera, in this case your drone.

It’s not a matter of them being flat.  When viewing on my iPad prior to capture exposure looks good.  After capture the images look overexposed by +1-2 stops.  When I noticed the issue I checked my settings and I had exposure -0.3 stops and the image still came out +1-2 stops overexposed.  This has never happened before in the 2 years I’ve had my drone.  
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exposure in the live feed always looks different to what is on the sd card. Use the histogram for best results.
2020-9-29
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't think you guys are reading the part where "this never happened before in the 2 years I've had the drone".  Yes the live view is not exact but its pretty close surely not off by 2 stops exposure.  I also had the exposure set to -.3.  Prior to this incident the captures came out looking very close to the live view.   
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 9-29 04:23
I don't think you guys are reading the part where "this never happened before in the 2 years I've had the drone".  Yes the live view is not exact but its pretty close surely not off by 2 stops exposure.  I also had the exposure set to -.3.  Prior to this incident the captures came out looking very close to the live view.

Good luck with it
2020-9-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe you've bumped the EV bias wheel or set manual exposure/auto iso or something?
2020-9-30
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 9-30 15:41
Maybe you've bumped the EV bias wheel or set manual exposure/auto iso or something?

That was the first thing I checked and everything was normal.  
2020-10-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 10-1 04:01
That was the first thing I checked and everything was normal.

Check the EXIF to see if a bias is being applied regardless of the wheel.

Have you tried a camera settings reset on the drone?
2020-10-1
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Seems to have been a one time glitch.  I fired it up the other and took some test shots not changing any settings and it worked fine.
2020-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules