Brand New Smart Controller Update Failure
8059 15 2020-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyshots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233793 ft
United States

I received my new DJI Smart Controller today.  It needs to be updated but the update continues to fail at 99%.  I have tried via Wi-Fi and through the DJI Assistant with the same results.  I have also tried installing the earlier updates incrementally but that fails as well.  Very frustrating for a $700 device.
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If your DJI Smart Controller firmware cannot be updated through either the remote controller or DJI Assistant 2, Please perform the following:
1. Go to the homepage of the Smart Controller and enter File Manager.
2. Delete the pro.fw.sig file in the Internal Storage-0-encrypt folder.
3. Try using DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, thank you.
2020-9-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

If that does not work, try this thread that is working for everybody tried.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D568%26typeid%3D568
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And take out the micro SD card
2020-9-29
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

I updated my ‘brand new’ SC following the correct procedure - no problems at all!
2020-9-29
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-28 20:19
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If your DJI Smart Controller firmware cannot be updated through either the remote controller or DJI Assistant 2, Please perform the following:

Just checked the file location and deleted 4 pro.fw.sig files. These remained after spending many hours, like so many others, to get the update to take.

Perhaps, DJI would be kind enough on the next Update to have a link what to do if the Update does not work?
2020-9-29
Use props
skyshots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233793 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-28 20:19

I am unable to locate an "encrypt" folder but I did locate a "rm500" folder that has 2 pro.fw.sig files and 1 pro.fw.sig-djitemp file.
2020-9-29
Use props
fans02d5fc39
New

United States

So I've tried every method listed here.  Nothing works.  I am so glad I bought this 800 pos that is supposed to make flying my drone easier.   I also had to buy the mini2 since it was supported and not my other 3 dj1 drones...which is also awesome!

Support from dj1 is like a bunch of college freshman working on a homework project.  If you cannot support the ... you make and sell.  Stop selling it and relying on other people to fix your problems for free.

I want the godsam controller to recognize my mini 2.  Forward needs updated.  Do I need to go outside turn counter clockwise 7.5 times and sprinkle salt over my right shoulder to do this?  Should I retire from my job and spend my life trying to figure out what dj1 hasn't and irresponsibly sells to the public.  Take sd card out.  Turn off wifi.  Update your router. Sekte everything 6 times.  Tighten lid on coffee grounds 97% of the way.

Whst a complete waste of time and money.
2022-6-13
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

fans02d5fc39 Posted at 6-13 18:42
So I've tried every method listed here.  Nothing works.  I am so glad I bought this 800 pos that is supposed to make flying my drone easier.   I also had to buy the mini2 since it was supported and not my other 3 dj1 drones...which is also awesome!

Support from dj1 is like a bunch of college freshman working on a homework project.  If you cannot support the ... you make and sell.  Stop selling it and relying on other people to fix your problems for free.

The RM500 "Smart Controller" does need to link to an active DJI Account.  Mine when I got it linked to that account when I went into "Aircraft Management" on the Smart Controller in the "Profile Section."  
2022-6-16
Use props
Robert Barbaro
lvl.1

United States

Updated my smart controller with the new firmware for remote id. How ever in settings is showing RC Pro is installed. I lost all apps.
2022-12-29
Use props
Roety
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38579 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyshots Posted at 2020-9-29 07:32
I am unable to locate an "encrypt" folder but I did locate a "rm500" folder that has 2 pro.fw.sig files and 1 pro.fw.sig-djitemp file.

so nobody answered you?   there are a bunch of files in mine,  I wonder what happens if other files are deleted,  probably brick the remote for good?
2023-4-22
Use props
Roety
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-9-28 20:19

didn't work  , deleted all the pro.fw.sig files   
2023-4-22
Use props
Roety
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2020-9-29 02:23
If that does not work, try this thread that is working for everybody tried.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225395&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D568%26typeid%3D568

didn't work for me.  either page   ,  how can I wipe the remote and reset?
2023-4-22
Use props
djiuser_rplMhX4US0WQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 365702 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Roety Posted at 4-22 13:32
didn't work  , deleted all the pro.fw.sig files

I am sorry for the belated reply. May I double-confirm the exact model of your controller?
Is it the Smart Controller or DJI RC Pro?
2023-4-24
Use props
Roety
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-24 18:58
I am sorry for the belated reply. May I double-confirm the exact model of your controller?
Is it the Smart Controller or DJI RC Pro?

RM500 smart controller,  I did notice the encrypt folder is there after an update attempt.   no matter what I do it gets stuck at 15%  ,  either doing it through wifi or DJI assistant
2023-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules