Fly App Version Question
983 4 2020-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227854 ft
United States

So I took the plunge and bought the smart controller now that it supports the Mavic Air 2.  I noticed that the DJI Fly app is version 1.1.6 on the controller.  I tried to upgrade to the latest 1.1.9 manually as my phone but can't seem to upgrade over what's already on the controller.  Is it safe to assume that we just have to wait until the controller firmware is updated to include the latest fly app?
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_pxwwLtM5yb2t
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309199 ft
Germany

I think the answer is yes. However, it is unacceptable that we always have to wait a few months (not minutes as I would expect ;-)) longer to receive the Go 4 or Fly updates. This is really disappointing and would deter me from buying such a product from DJI in the future :-|
BTW, this is what DJI is writing in their FAQ - it's just a lie...
FAQ.jpg
2020-9-29
Use props
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227854 ft
United States

djiuser_pxwwLtM5yb2t Posted at 9-29 06:07
I think the answer is yes. However, it is unacceptable that we always have to wait a few months (not minutes as I would expect ;-)) longer to receive the Go 4 or Fly updates. This is really disappointing and would deter me from buying such a product from DJI in the future :-|
BTW, this is what DJI is writing in their FAQ - it's just a lie...
[view_image]

I'm having second thoughts about the smart controller and may return it.  I could just buy a samsung a51 or a71. At least it could serve as a back up phone.  For the price of the smart controller I would expect the apps to be the same as what's released to the phone. And, quiet honestly, I haven't been all that impressed with it.  Sure it's conveinent and connects a little faster than the standard remote but the bang to buck ratio to me is not there as a hobbyist/weekend flyer.  For the professional, it makes sense to own one.
2020-9-29
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Downloaded the DJI fly app 1.1.8 to my SC via the official DJI download page (using the apk) - installed perfectly. Even better was that when I checked the installed version it was actually 1.1.9, and so the latest version as on my phone.
2020-10-7
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Take a look here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2020-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now