Android compatibility with DJI Fly App
6190 1 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefano Baur
lvl.1

Hungary

So, I wanted to get a Mavic Mini and learned that a smartphone is required for the video feed and other features.
Upon some investigation I found this page https://www.dji.com/hu/dji-fly?from=store-product-faq where it states that the app 'Requires Android 6.0 or above'.
Now, I tried to find this app in the PlayStore and to my surprise it was not shown, I assumed that perhaps it might not be compatible with one of my phones. Hence I tried to download and install it directly from the above link but it failed to install without any further information.

I tried it on a Samsung Galaxy 5 with Android 6.0.1, a CAT S60 with Android 6.0.1 and a FP2 with Android 9. It doesn't work on any of those devices.

Given that this is kind of a requirement, I think it is a shame that there is false information on the above page regarding the Android compatibility requirements. I am glad that I did this research before actually buying the drone, which is supposed to be a Christmas present.

Is there any chance that this will be corrected in the App according to the advertisment or am I supposed to buy a new phone (read: buy a different product from a different vendor) to use your products?

2020-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stefano Baur, sorry to know the DJI Fly APP was unable to be installed in your phones. The DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures (64-bit processor).

We recommend using the phones in our compatibility list for better performance and the list will keep updating. Thanks for your understanding. compatibility list.png
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules