Not all Flight Records in the cloude!!
1431 28 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

What is the reason that not all flights are in the cloude?
For flying I use an iPhone 6s, exclusively for flying with the Mavic Air.
Nevertheless, I can find the flights on my iPad with the Fly APP, for example. But some are missing.
What can that be? Can I manually upload these flights to the Cloude?

What should I do in the future so that all flights in the Fly app in the iPhone 6s are synchronized with the Cloude so that they are included in the Fly app on all IOS devices?

2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately uploading flight records to the cloud with the fly app is very hit and miss. I have always enabled my flights to upload but some do whilst others don't. Four of my last six flights have not. If I now delete and reinstall the app those four flights will be lost from my records. It may have something to do with the DJI servers at the time of uploading but thats just a guess.  
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I've noticed that it sometimes takes longer for the upload to take place.
Although the RC is registered in the WLAN (at home), it often takes a long time to do this ...
When you click the "Upload" button, the message "uploaded" appears very quickly, but the next time you activate it, you often see that it did not happen ... So, ask again .......

2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 04:10
I've noticed that it sometimes takes longer for the upload to take place.
Although the RC is registered in the WLAN (at home), it often takes a long time to do this ...
When you click the "Upload" button, the message "uploaded" appears very quickly, but the next time you activate it, you often see that it did not happen ... So, ask again .......

Sometimes it never asks again and never uploads - quite annoying - I've easily passed 13 million feet by now
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 04:18
Sometimes it never asks again and never uploads - quite annoying - I've easily passed 13 million feet by now

Then 159,947 feet are currently missing (13,000,000 - 12,840,059 as currently displayed) ...     
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 04:23
Then 159,947 feet are currently missing (13,000,000 - 12,840,059 as currently displayed) ...

Probably more than that mate. I'd estimate around 100 miles (over half a million feet)
2020-9-29
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 04:06
Unfortunately uploading flight records to the cloud with the fly app is very hit and miss. I have always enabled my flights to upload but some do whilst others don't. Four of my last six flights have not. If I now delete and reinstall the app those four flights will be lost from my records. It may have something to do with the DJI servers at the time of uploading but thats just a guess.

Oh, where can I do this.
Where can I enable the flghts and where is the button for upload??

I don't no.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Udo13 Posted at 9-29 04:53
Oh, where can I do this.
Where can I enable the flghts and where is the button for upload??

From the home page (picture of the drone on it) go to
>Profile
>Settings
>Sync Flight Data
To the left you will see a toggle that enables/disables the flight data to be saved automatically to the cloud over WiFi.
2020-9-29
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 05:02
From the home page (picture of the drone on it) go to
>Profile
>Settings

yes I have done this, but some flights are only on my iPhone but not in the cloud.

@frankymusik
Where is the Upload Button or do you mean automatic sync?
2020-9-29
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

I have checked all of them in the Fly app yet.
But I haven't found a selection of individual flights to upload.

Could it possibly be because I also have the Fly app on the iPad and have also set synchronization with the Cloude there?
I have now deactivated that again, because I can only upload from my iPhone 6s, which I use for the Mavic Air 2.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Udo13 Posted at 9-29 05:08
yes I have done this, but some flights are only on my iPhone but not in the cloud.

@frankymusik

The upload icon appears automatically at the top of the screen when looking at the flight records within the app. If it doesn't pop up then you can't - thats the problem.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Udo13 Posted at 9-29 05:08
yes I have done this, but some flights are only on my iPhone but not in the cloud.

@frankymusik

> Profile
> More      (bottom left)

Then it says at the top right (mostly for me):
"xxx flights not yet uploaded"

(... unfortunately, I cannot check it at the moment because everything has been uploaded ...)

And then - at the top right (in blue letters): "Upload now" (... or something like that).

2020-9-29
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 05:37
The upload icon appears automatically at the top of the screen when looking at the flight records within the app. If it doesn't pop up then you can't - thats the problem.

These 3 flight records for example I miss in the cloude.
I do not see an upload icon!
Can you show me a picture with this icon?

Must I connect the iPhone with the controller and the Mavic Air 2?
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Udo13 Posted at 9-29 05:59
[view_image]

It would show automatically at the top of that page. The fact is doesn't is what I have been referring to throughout this thread. It's glitchy. Delete the app and those records will be lost. Sometimes the upload icon appears out of nowhere days later whilst on other occasions it uploads immediately or never pops up at all. There is nothing you can do except wait and hope a pop up appears before having to reinstall the app for any reason. I did two flights yesterday and both uploaded within a couple of hours, I did four flights on 22 Sept and despite the upload icon appearing that day and being enabled they have never uploaded to the cloud and show on my flight distance here - 15 miles flown in one-day. That has been consistent with all of my flights since using the Fly App from May - some upload and some simply don't. There are many threads on this forum where other users have experienced exactly the same. I am yet to find a solution to it as nobody seems to know why some don't upload. I find that the longer flight distances where I covered say 4 to 10 miles on one battery tend not to upload more than the shoter flights. Perhaps the amount of data in longer flights is too much for the DJI servers to handle.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Udo13 Posted at 9-29 05:59
[view_image]

... so I made a very short flight, but turned off the WiFi connection ...

Top right in blue letters ...

Top right in blue letters ...
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 06:22
... so I made a very short flight, but turned off the WiFi connection ...

Thats it - then you tap the blue tab (Hochladen in your case) and it should sync the flight record to the cloud. The problem is that after doing that it doesn't always do it and flight records get lost.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 06:27
Thats it - then you tap the blue tab (Hochladen in your case) and it should sync the flight record to the cloud. The problem is that after doing that it doesn't always do it and flight records get lost.

Maybe this will also happen ...

... but I have often seen that a message comes up (somewhere between the flights below) that the upload was successful ...
... but if you do again press

> Profiles
> More (bottom left)

it is just as above that a certain number of flights is "not uploaded" and you can / must repeat this game very often ...

2020-9-29
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

Thanks for the detailed explanation and help.

When will the flights be uploaded?
I always switched off WIFI on the iPhone 6s, which I use to fly.
Are the flights then automatically uploaded with the next WIFI connection, for example at home? To do this, I probably have to start the Fly app, right?
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Udo13 Posted at 9-29 06:33

... exactly that doesn't really happen "automatically" ...

I have to "help out" very often, as described above...

2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

... and yes, you probably have to start the Fly app ...
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 06:33
Maybe this will also happen ...

... but I have often seen that a message comes up (somewhere between the flights below) that the upload was successful ...

Thats exactly what I do - sometimes switching off WiFi and leaving just cellular on brings the enable tab to pop up again - it's very strange. With GO4 I tapped the sync tab and every single flight would upload in minutes. I had one flight not upload in several hundred over 3-4 years but with the Fly App it is 50/50 if the record uploads at all.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 06:40
Thats exactly what I do - sometimes switching off WiFi and leaving just cellular on brings the enable tab to pop up again - it's very strange. With GO4 I tapped the sync tab and every single flight would upload in minutes. I had one flight not upload in several hundred over 3-4 years but with the Fly App it is 50/50 if the record uploads at all.

This is exactly the same for me ...
    ... 50/50 ...
... or maybe 30/70 ...
... to my disadvantage, of course!      

2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 06:46
This is exactly the same for me ...
    ... 50/50 ...
... or maybe 30/70 ...

It's a mystery - the worlds not going to end because of it but it would be good if it worked
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 06:47
It's a mystery - the worlds not going to end because of it but it would be good if it worked

I still think that DJI should be able to fix this ...
How many (other) apps sync data. That’s state of the art ...
But DJI actually has to collect large amounts of data, that might make the difference ...?

2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 06:51
I still think that DJI should be able to fix this ...
How many (other) apps sync data. That’s state of the art ...
But DJI actually has to collect large amounts of data, that might make the difference ...?

I'm sure they have to collect far more data on the GO4 app given that it used by several drones including the Inspire 2. I'm sure we'll see a fix on the Fly app soon.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 09:42
I'm sure they have to collect far more data on the GO4 app given that it used by several drones including the Inspire 2. I'm sure we'll see a fix on the Fly app soon.

... enough pilots just have to confirm such problems, then DJI will certainly see a need for action.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 09:50
... enough pilots just have to confirm such problems, then DJI will certainly see a need for action.

There have been many posts about it but we'll see.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,
I made a - perhaps interesting - observation yesterday!

In order to transmit the picture (screen shot, see 15#), I had taken the SD card out of the SC to be able to transmit the picture from the PC ...
Then, unfortunately, I forgot to put the SD card back into the SC ...

Then yesterday I flew (accidentally without an SD card in the SC).  That's actually not tragic ...

When I got home I noticed the "mishap" and put the SD card back into the SC ...
Then I switched on the SC in order to be able to synchronize the flight data with the cloud (... WiFi at home) ...
The data of the current flight, which was just completed, was not available!

What happened? Well, I described it above ...
As an experiment I have now removed the SD card from the SC, and lo and behold!
Now the current flight was finally visible. Now I was able to synchronize without the SD card ...
When this was done, I put the SD card back into the SC and then switched it on, ...
... now all the flights were still there, a little bit mysterious, but certainly explainable ...

2020-10-1
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 10-1 00:21
Hi,
I made a - perhaps interesting - observation yesterday!

Thanks, that's really interesting,
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules