518 6 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What is meant is the display of the Fly app, bottom center ...

Both the original RC of the MA2 and the Smart Controller very often do not indicate (or only very imprecisely) where the MA2 is in relation to the orientation of the controller!
On the other hand, the map that can be faded in (bottom left of the display) knows (luckily) exactly where the MA2 is and in which direction it is flying ...

With the original RC of the MA2, I thought it was due to the poor compass calibration of the smartphone ...
... but if the SC behaves in the same way (or at least similarly), then that's a completely different problem, isn't it?

Does anyone have any idea why this could be?

Frank

2020-9-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

uh, does the RC has a built in compass?  guess, yes because the AOI uses compass data from the device (mobile device / sc )

so calibrate the SC compass?
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 9-29 11:43
uh, does the RC has a built in compass?  guess, yes because the AOI uses compass data from the device (mobile device / sc )

so calibrate the SC compass?

... yes, it does.

And the procedure to calibrate it is a very simple, strange one ...
But, although already done, I will repeat it again. Certainly a good idea ...

2020-9-29
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

i have same problem with small arrow direction below display. sometime correct and sametime not.
but recently after dji fly ver 1.1.9 now the arrow direction almost correct with ma2 direction.
2020-9-30
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

i had big problems with the compass with Mini remote. However, with the A2 standard remote, it *always* works perfectly for me. I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro.
2020-9-30
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kiminx Posted at 9-30 00:13
i have same problem with small arrow direction below display. sometime correct and sametime not.
but recently after dji fly ver 1.1.9 now the arrow direction almost correct with ma2 direction.

It's really very interesting!

The Smart Controller is still version 1.1.6, and you can't just update the software like you can on a smartphone ...!

Now I have the hope that DJI can / will improve this ...

2020-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules