Mavic Pro firmware update failure
1524 13 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zrpix
lvl.1

United States

I have seen many threads on this topic. I called up customer care regarding this issue. As per advice, I downloaded DJI assistance 2 for mavis. which didn't recognize my device. Then I download DJI Assistance 2 and this one worked. When I try to update the firmware, it keeps failing at 40% right after the drone reboot. I tried to downgrade the firmware ver that didn't work also. So at this moment, I clueless. My MP doesn't recognize the memory cards, cameras, and all.

2020-9-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you try it with the Go app before? Did you have a stable internet connection at that time and were the batteries of RC and AC more than 50 % charged?
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The standard Assistant 2 will not work with the Mavic series. If the 'for Mavic' version of Assistant 2 is not working then refresh through the GO4 app or try using another computer.
2020-9-30
Use props
zrpix
lvl.1

United States

AJ - thank you for the update. nothing worked for me. my update failed all the time doesn't matter which app i use. I tried tp update from mac, PC, iphone and android. when i try to update from GO4, it failed after 70% with error code 0x020103. Also my MP doesn't recognize the memory card and gimble showing as disconnected. I tried with a different memory card, same issue.
2020-9-30
Use props
zrpix
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 9-30 00:15
Did you try it with the Go app before? Did you have a stable internet connection at that time and were the batteries of RC and AC more than 50 % charged?

@Peterx - yes. I have a stable internet connection and Batteries were at 100% on both.
2020-9-30
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Did you run the Assistant for Mavic with admin rights? If not  then you get the message "adress violation" or "upgrade failure" with error code.
2020-9-30
Use props
zrpix
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 9-30 13:50
Did you run the Assistant for Mavic with admin rights? If not  then you get the message "adress violation" or "upgrade failure" with error code.

I am on a mac.
2020-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there zrpix. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if the said SD Card is being write-protected. Please take off the write protection to see if you could update without any problem. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-10-2
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Sorry i did´´nt know that. Could you have any progress?
2020-10-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When did you last update the firmware ?

If it has been along time in between updates, you'll need to ask the DJI Administrators here to make the beta version of the firmware available for your account.
2020-10-2
Use props
zrpix
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-2 00:12
Hello there zrpix. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if the said SD Card is being write-protected. Please take off the write protection to see if you could update without any problem. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

@Stephen - thank you for your input. I tried with multiple SD cards, the same results. I have also opened a case with DJI support. the steps i got from support didn't work for me.
2020-10-2
Use props
zrpix
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 10-2 00:22
When did you last update the firmware ?

If it has been along time in between updates, you'll need to ask the DJI Administrators here to make the beta version of the firmware available for your account.

@Iannes - thank you for your input. let me ask the DJI administrator. i don't remember when last time i did update, its a while. i was not using drone for a while.
2020-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

zrpix Posted at 10-2 06:02
@Stephen - thank you for your input. I tried with multiple SD cards, the same results. I have also opened a case with DJI support. the steps i got from support didn't work for me.

Hi there zrpix. Thank you for the reply and it is good to know that you are already in contact with our DJI support team with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will be able to give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2020-10-5
Use props
nextmoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247697 ft
United States

zrpix Posted at 2020-10-2 06:04
@Iannes - thank you for your input. let me ask the DJI administrator. i don't remember when last time i did update, its a while. i was not using drone for a while.

I am having almost identical problems.  Did you or DJI ever fix it?
2023-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules