Canon R6 and Ronin S MCC cable record button not working
7594 29 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_P5riNEx0SA5W
lvl.1
United States

I bought the usb type c cable to use with my canon R6 and Ronin S. Are they supposed to compatiblle? The record button function isnt working.
2020-9-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, currently we are working on the compatibility on Canon R6, we will notice you once we get the results of camera control function. You can also keep an eye on the compatibility search page https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s

Thanks a lot.
2020-9-29
Use props
JM_Anthony
lvl.1
Australia

+1 on notification for this update. Thankyou
2020-10-18
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317116 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-29 22:14
Hello, currently we are working on the compatibility on Canon R6, we will notice you once we get the results of camera control function. You can also keep an eye on the compatibility search page https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s

Thanks a lot.

if this is true this is great news
2020-10-19
Use props
thejeremyricci
lvl.1

United States

RickyBat Posted at 10-19 10:06
if this is true this is great news

Don't get your hopes up. These cameras released, what, three months ago? And in that span of time DJI managed to make their new RS2 compatible, but left Ronin-S users in the dust. Their priorities aren't on existing customers or products, just selling new products.
2020-10-22
Use props
Stebsy
lvl.1
Australia

Hello, currently we are working on the compatibility on Canon R6, we will notice you once we get the results of camera control function. You can also keep an eye on the compatibility search page https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s

Thanks a lot.

I’m also very keen for this update.  
2020-10-23
Use props
TeterekovPhotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1960755 ft
Bulgaria

+1 notification for this update. Thanks
2020-10-27
Use props
fans0d7a2d2e
lvl.1
United States

Hello, currently we are working on the compatibility on Canon R6, we will notice you once we get the results of camera control function. You can also keep an eye on the compatibility search page https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s

Thanks a lot.

Hey Wanda,

Any update on this. Is DJI actually working on this or we should just move on?

Thank you
2020-11-6
Use props
Christian Travis De Ceglie
New

United States

Hi Wanda!

I am also interested in this question but for the Original SC. I just ordered one and then realized this was an issue for the r5 and r6
2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Christian Travis De Ceglie Posted at 11-6 19:39
Hi Wanda!

I am also interested in this question but for the Original SC. I just ordered one and then realized this was an issue for the r5 and r6

Hello there, we just checked with our camera testing team, the compatibility information will be update on the next firmware, which will be released on next month. We will also post the release note on forum, please keep an eye on the notification.

Thanks
2020-11-10
Use props
fans937ea7e9
New
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-10 00:04
Hello there, we just checked with our camera testing team, the compatibility information will be update on the next firmware, which will be released on next month. We will also post the release note on forum, please keep an eye on the notification.

Thanks

Great news!!! Thank you
Waiting for the next firmware!
2020-11-10
Use props
Daracle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 831352 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Thanks a lot.

Hi Wanda, ,

So effectively, when you say "Next Month's" update for Ronin S, this means December 2020 - would that be correct?

Really need to get my R6 rolling on the Ronin S.
Regards
2020-11-16
Use props
thejeremyricci
lvl.1

United States

Daracle Posted at 11-16 15:55
Hi Wanda, ,

So effectively, when you say "Next Month's" update for Ronin S, this means December 2020 - would that be correct?

Dollars to dimes the firmware is ready to go, but is being held back to allow the RS2 to gain additional sales for those looking for immediate compatibility for their R5.

The RS2 supported the R5 out of the box, so it isn't a mystery to their team how to make it work, it was just a matter of customer priority, and existing customers just aren't a priority for DJI.
2020-11-19
Use props
Alastair_Rankin
lvl.1

Germany

Also running this setup and would be awesome to have functionality soon!

I'm looking forward to making some awesome footage on the Canon EOS R6 with my trusty DJI Ronin S...
2020-11-21
Use props
TurnerJ
lvl.1
United States

Alastair_Rankin Posted at 11-21 13:48
Also running this setup and would be awesome to have functionality soon!

I'm looking forward to making some awesome footage on the Canon EOS R6 with my trusty DJI Ronin S...

Good news, all. A friend of mine is working on a third-party firmware add-on for the Ronin-SC for the new Canon mirrorless. Nothing fancy, just basic functionality, but this should be a welcome relief for those of us who were left behind by DJI. The firmware will be free once it's finished. I'll post here when it's ready to roll.
2020-12-22
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
United States

TurnerJ Posted at 12-22 10:23
Good news, all. A friend of mine is working on a third-party firmware add-on for the Ronin-SC for the new Canon mirrorless. Nothing fancy, just basic functionality, but this should be a welcome relief for those of us who were left behind by DJI. The firmware will be free once it's finished. I'll post here when it's ready to roll.

My friend don't say that too much if DJI gets wind that someone is making the Ronin S usable with new cameras they will shut down your buddy, they don't want functionality they want us all to buy the new Ronin.
2020-12-22
Use props
Jcanberra
New

U.S. Virgin Islands

Same issue but I have the Canon R5 and just purchased the DJI RSC2.  I am using the correct cable (USBC to USBC) plugged into the Ronin RSS port.  So hopefully the update will apply to the R5 as well.
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_526cN7QMJyBl
New
Flight distance : 30394 ft
Spain

Hi! Any update here? They said December...

Please don’t let us down, we want to use our gimbal with the new cameras!
2021-1-4
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
United States

don't hold your breath
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_L7To1EBIc1Ur
New

United States

Any update on this? If anyone from dji is following, as others have said, I’m sure you are focusing on the new S2.  However, I own both the S and S2. I have different needs for both and really need the camera control function on the S for the R6. I just flat out bought the s2 because I needed it for my Blackmagic, but decided to keep the S because it’s still a great gimbal for my smaller cams. That and I paid $800 for it 2 years ago and the resell value has tanked.  That’s fine, I just want to be able to use it.  I’m a loyal dji customer.  I also own the Mavic pro 2.  If you guys are sandbagging the update for the R6, I’m begging you to please make this work.  It’s something to consider for people that have spent lots of money on these products and want to continue using them and not be afraid to purchase future products.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! Dustin
2021-1-12
Use props
TurnerJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-10 00:04
Hello there, we just checked with our camera testing team, the compatibility information will be update on the next firmware, which will be released on next month. We will also post the release note on forum, please keep an eye on the notification.

Thanks

It's been two months now, Wanda. You owe us an answer on this. Is there Canon R5/R6 support coming for the Ronin-SC or not?
2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TurnerJ Posted at 1-18 17:17
It's been two months now, Wanda. You owe us an answer on this. Is there Canon R5/R6 support coming for the Ronin-SC or not?

Hello there, we are sorry for the delay of the new firmware for the Ronin-S/SC. Our camera testing team is  checking the details of the camera control information for the supportive camera. Please keep an eye on the DJI Forum for the release note coming.

Thank you for your patience.
2021-1-20
Use props
TurnerJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-20 05:26
Hello there, we are sorry for the delay of the new firmware for the Ronin-S/SC. Our camera testing team is  checking the details of the camera control information for the supportive camera. Please keep an eye on the DJI Forum for the release note coming.

WHEN is it coming? Days? Weeks? Months???
2021-1-21
Use props
thejeremyricci
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-20 05:26
Hello there, we are sorry for the delay of the new firmware for the Ronin-S/SC. Our camera testing team is  checking the details of the camera control information for the supportive camera. Please keep an eye on the DJI Forum for the release note coming.

Why lie to your users? It's explicitly clear that DJI is more interested in forcing users to upgrade their hardware, rather than support legacy devices.  Your "camera testing team" isn't checking anything. They've already checked it, BECAUSE THE RONIN RS2 ALREADY SUPPORTS THIS CAMERA. It isn't rocket science. You're not employing a team of people to beat rocks of flint to make fire. They know what they're doing, and they know *exactly* how to make it work. Hell, I'd argue that internally it's probably been working for months, but DJI is withholding it (potentially forever) because there isn't any money in a firmware update for legacy hardware.
Your team has already figured out how to send a signal via USB-C (the connection in the Canon R5) to the camera to begin filming on the Ronin RS2, which means that all of the tools and information to make this change on the Ronin-S is readily available. There is no research, waiting, or anything else. That's all plain misinformation and lies, and frankly you can leave it at the door, because we're not here for it.

Anyway, I won't be buying DJI products ever again, and I'd highly encourage any professionals here to do the same. They aren't a company that is interested in customer retention or satisfaction, they're merely chasing profits and pleasing investors. Nothing more. Tweet about their poor service, make it public, share it on Facebook, light them up with bad PR and force their hand. That's the only way this company will ever act in the interest of its customers.

Just maybe don't post next time instead of lying, Wanda.

2021-1-22
Use props
Capt.Kraken
lvl.1

Panama

4 months and counting.... just to fix something that you know how to doit.
A hardware brand cant move foward with my main device aren't rentable

I consider move to zhiyun
2021-1-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

thejeremyricci Posted at 1-22 12:11
Why lie to your users? It's explicitly clear that DJI is more interested in forcing users to upgrade their hardware, rather than support legacy devices.  Your "camera testing team" isn't checking anything. They've already checked it, BECAUSE THE RONIN RS2 ALREADY SUPPORTS THIS CAMERA. It isn't rocket science. You're not employing a team of people to beat rocks of flint to make fire. They know what they're doing, and they know *exactly* how to make it work. Hell, I'd argue that internally it's probably been working for months, but DJI is withholding it (potentially forever) because there isn't any money in a firmware update for legacy hardware.
Your team has already figured out how to send a signal via USB-C (the connection in the Canon R5) to the camera to begin filming on the Ronin RS2, which means that all of the tools and information to make this change on the Ronin-S is readily available. There is no research, waiting, or anything else. That's all plain misinformation and lies, and frankly you can leave it at the door, because we're not here for it.

Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this unpleasure experience. We have just released the firmware that supports the Canon R5& R6 on the Ronin-S:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234597

Please do check and feel free to reach out to us anytime.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Capt.Kraken Posted at 1-27 10:45
4 months and counting.... just to fix something that you know how to doit.
A hardware brand cant move foward with my main device aren't rentable

Hello there, we are sorry for keep you waiting on the new firmware. Now the Ronin-S works on the Canon R5&R6, please check our release note for more information: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234597

Thanks.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TurnerJ Posted at 1-21 22:59
WHEN is it coming? Days? Weeks? Months???

Hello there, sorry for keep you waiting. We have just released the latest firmware for the Ronin-S: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234597

Please do check, thank you.
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_L7To1EBIc1Ur
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-28 00:18
Hello there, sorry for keep you waiting. We have just released the latest firmware for the Ronin-S: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234597

Please do check, thank you.

Seriously, thank you soooooo much for listening to us and making it happen.  It’s very appreciated!  This has made my day.
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_UI4XRsAjpUjb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745768 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any progress with this?  Or are r6 and ronin rs2 users just out of luck?
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules