Mavic air 2 hyperlapse frame rate
1232 3 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silv3rspark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198980 ft
Malaysia

Hi all, tried creating hyperlapse on mavic air 2 and found the video frame is 25..I could not find any documents on this, is there any settings we can cha ge the frame rate for the hyperlapse(all four types hyperlapse)?

Thanks..
2020-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the hyperlapse video that the system generated is all 25fps, if you would like other frame, you could edit the original pictures by other software.
2020-10-5
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Well this would be a good idea Mindy except the M2P does an amazing job of making a smooth stable video out of the separate images. I do a lot of timelapses with a camera on a tripod but if I take the separate images from the M2P Hyperlapse and follow my usual processes in TLDF, PS, Lightroom or Davinci Resolve the resulting video is very jerky. The DJI video is great, not sure how they do it. So like other posts, I'd love DJI to allow us set a frame rate and let the M2P do its magic.
2021-3-20
Use props
ArtPeers
lvl.2
United States

Ralphhuttonthompson Posted at 2021-3-20 14:18
Well this would be a good idea Mindy except the M2P does an amazing job of making a smooth stable video out of the separate images. I do a lot of timelapses with a camera on a tripod but if I take the separate images from the M2P Hyperlapse and follow my usual processes in TLDF, PS, Lightroom or Davinci Resolve the resulting video is very jerky. The DJI video is great, not sure how they do it. So like other posts, I'd love DJI to allow us set a frame rate and let the M2P do its magic.

I know this is an old post/thread, but (using Mavic 3) I'd echo what Ralph said. I'm a professional Davinci Resolve colorist/editor and I did my first few hyperlapse videos manually. I had completely disregarded the video the Mavic 3 creates after the Waypoint path is completed.

However, when I finally imported the auto-created video of a more recent hyperlapse, I was honestly amazed by how much smoother it was. This after I experimented with hours of Stabilization techniques in Davinci Resolve, using the DNG RAW sequence. I couldn't match the auto-created version for smoothness, which was a big deal for the "day-to-night" hyperlapses I've been doing this year.

That said, I'd love it if the following features were available wrt Hyperlapse/Waypoint videos. I plan to create a separate post in the Features Request section:

1. The ability to set FPS to something other than 25fps.
2. Option for CINE to output ProRes auto-hyperlapse video.

Related, I've had some Waypoint missions (with windspeed in single digits) come up with noticeably different pitch/yaw perspective – the camera seems to be titled slightly off from the perspective of a previous flight, that used the same "Saved" Waypoint information.
2022-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules