When did water damage stop being covered by DJI Care Refresh?
4694 11 2020-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uQ7vPmfpZOU5
lvl.1
United States

I crashed my Mavic pro in a river. {Case number is: CAS-5076210-S9H4T3} I was so scared it was going to get washed away. I spent hours searching the crash site and the river banks to find it. DJI Care Refresh only works if you have the drone, right?. When I found it downstream I was so excited. Sent the drone back for service, and a week later I got an email stating that I'd have to pay $1466.00 to get it replaced. I freaked (and I still am), Guess I should have downloaded the actual legal pdf thing and read through that before flying. So what do I do?

According to the website water damage is covered! you know the line that says "We’ll replace your aircraft if an accident occurs, even if it’s damaged by water."

Here is what the website states:
Damage occurring after the product has come into contact with water is covered by the DJI Care Refresh. Products that suffer water damage can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh.

I put everything that got damaged in a box and shipped it because I was supposed to be able to fly with "Peace of Mind"

2020-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Water damage and crashes still show as being covered on the website.  You can check that you have correct coverage here - https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is covered as long as you have the drone - which you clearly have. Escalate a complaint to management and be sure to show them the T&C's. I trust your care refresh plan is still in date? It's only valid for 12 months from the date of activating the drone
2020-9-30
Use props
zerocool321
lvl.1
United States

Agreement Number ************E35C
Aircraft S/N  *********44YU
Replacement Period 2020/09/16 - 2021/09/15
Replacements Times 2

So should I be expecting this to be a glitch in the system and I should probably breath easy.?
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zerocool321 Posted at 9-30 01:21
Agreement Number ************E35C
Aircraft S/N  *********44YU
Replacement Period 2020/09/16 - 2021/09/15

Sounds like a glitch or oversight to me. I would most definitely reply to them and question why there is a bill. Give them all of the info they need. You will have to pay an excess towards the replacement but that is a fraction of the cost.
2020-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi zerocool321, sorry for the crash accident and the confusion of the quotation, DJI Care Refresh covers water damage.
If the DJI Care Refresh service is detected, the quotation email will include the repair cost and the DJI Care Refresh replacement fee at the same time, customer could select to pay one of them. Please double check the email, the DJI Care Refresh replacement fee can be found under the 'Total Payment'.
2020-9-30
Use props
zerocool321
lvl.1
United States

Apparently the entire email was not showing and i had to click a button the expanded it to djis website. Thanks I am now a happy camper!!
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zerocool321 Posted at 9-30 10:30
Apparently the entire email was not showing and i had to click a button the expanded it to djis website. Thanks I am now a happy camper!!

Glad it's sorted for you!
2020-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know you've found it, please keep us updated if you have any further concerns.
2020-10-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whew, you had me worried for a while there. Good news for all of us.
2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_TJBXAmFXPKP1
New

United Kingdom

Is the controller covered for water damage?
2-19 03:14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_TJBXAmFXPKP1 Posted at 2-19 03:14
Is the controller covered for water damage?

Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this up. The remote controller is not covered under water damage. May I confirm what happened to your remote controller? If the remote controller has unfortunately fallen into the water, I recommend sending it to our facility for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our relevant team at this link: https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance with the request to start a case and an investigation into the said incident. Thank you.
2-19 14:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules