OSMO 3 auto panning without time lapse
5944 12 2020-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peebherault
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,
I have been using the OSMO 3 mobile for a couple of months but i keep coming across what i think is a missing function. Basically I want to do the same as the timelapse along a path but at normal speed. Am I just missing how this is done or am I right to think this hasn't been incorporated in the software? If it is not possible, how do I suggest this to DJI?
2020-9-30
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

It would be great to have it as a hardware function so you can use the stock camera. The DJI app is lower resolution and bitrate.
2020-9-30
Use props
Peebherault
lvl.1

Australia

fans39f80067 Posted at 9-30 15:02
It would be great to have it as a hardware function so you can use the stock camera. The DJI app is lower resolution and bitrate.

Right, I didn't realise this. I did notice that the videos I was generating seemed a little degraded. I just thought that was my mobile and it'd look better on my computer.
2020-9-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Peebherault. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information. There are two types of Timelapse, Position and Path. After selecting Timelapse, tap the settings at the top of the screen. For Position Timelapse, set the interval and duration time and start to shoot. For Path Timelapse, up to four ( 4 ) positions can be selected, and then the gimbal will travel through the position in order. In addition this threads will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you.
2020-10-2
Use props
Peebherault
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-2 00:25
Hello there Peebherault. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information. There are two types of Timelapse, Position and Path. After selecting Timelapse, tap the settings at the top of the screen. For Position Timelapse, set the interval and duration time and start to shoot. For Path Timelapse, up to four ( 4 ) positions can be selected, and then the gimbal will travel through the position in order. In addition this threads will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you.
Hi Stephen,
Thank you for responding.
I am aware of the timelapse feature and have used it on many occasions. I was hoping to find a way of making a video where the camera pans and records at normal speed. Basically the same as the timelapse feature but with 30 frames per second rather than 1.
2020-10-2
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Peebherault Posted at 10-2 04:39
Hi Stephen,
Thank you for responding.
I am aware of the timelapse feature and have used it on many occasions. I was hoping to find a way of making a video where the camera pans and records at normal speed. Basically the same as the timelapse feature but with 30 frames per second rather tha 1.

you can use tt simply the joystick (set the speed that suits you) to make your panorama. ;)
2020-10-2
Use props
Peebherault
lvl.1

Australia

VanzPix Posted at 10-2 10:36
you can use tt simply the joystick (set the speed that suits you) to make your panorama. ;)

Hi Vanzpix,
That's a little like saying 'why use a gimbal? Just hold it stead'!
2020-10-2
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Peebherault Posted at 10-2 14:51
Hi Vanzpix,
That's a little like saying 'why use a gimbal? Just hold it stead'!

Hi
not tt actually it's much more stable and fluid with ;)
2020-10-2
Use props
Peebherault
lvl.1

Australia

VanzPix Posted at 10-2 16:57
Hi
not tt actually it's much more stable and fluid with ;)
I think you are misunderstanding my comparison. An auto panning feature would also be more fluid and stable than using an analogue joystick on a hand held gimbal. I could use the joy stick but this gimbal has a feature to pan on its own, however not at a normal recording speed. If you could set the joy stick to move at a certain rate back and forth on its own this would also work but manually doing this takes your full attention and is difficult to keep a steady speed and direction.
2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_piQpz76wiIHR
New
United States

Peebherault Posted at 10-2 17:06
I think you are misunderstanding my comparison. An auto panning feature would also be more fluid and stable than using an analogue joystick on a hand held gimbal. I could use the joy stick but this gimbal has a feature to pan on its own, however not at a normal recording speed. If you could set the joy stick to move at a certain rate back and forth on its own this would also work but manually doing this takes your full attention and is difficult to keep a steady speed and direction.

Yes I agree they need to add this feature. Sometimes I want to do a pan for a video. I don’t want the software to necessarily track me. I just want to be able to set point A and point B and record a video like normal. It’s seems weird that it’s not something you can do.

I tried it with the stories but I don’t like the music and effects it adds to the shot.
2020-12-21
Use props
Peebherault
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_piQpz76wiIHR Posted at 12-21 19:27
Yes I agree they need to add this feature. Sometimes I want to do a pan for a video. I don’t want the software to necessarily track me. I just want to be able to set point A and point B and record a video like normal. It’s seems weird that it’s not something you can do.

I tried it with the stories but I don’t like the music and effects it adds to the shot.

Yeah, its so frustrating. They have already written 98% of the code, just add an option to film at normal speed rather than time lapse.
2020-12-21
Use props
silverviper
lvl.1
Norway

Hi Guys,

I have a "workaround" for the auto-pan/tilt

1. Install mimo and Pair your gimlbe with a spare phone/tablet (Galaxy Tab 7+ in my case).
2. Attach your phone/camera to the gimble  (my Huawei P30 pro)
3. Set your desired video settings on your phone.
4. Mimo on the spare phone/tablet, choose Timelapse->Path
5. Move the gimbal to each point and tap (+) on the spare phone
6. Once you have you timelapse duration and poits set, start recording on your phone and tap record on the spare phone/tablet.
7. Delete garbage recording on spare phone. since there will be a video on both devices

Not so elegant for field use, but works great, supersmooth pans/tilts with your phone's best video settings

Cheers

Chris Davidsen
2021-8-25
Use props
Diesel_Devil
New

Canada

silverviper Posted at 8-25 09:55
Hi Guys,

I have a "workaround" for the auto-pan/tilt

Hey Chris,

Appreciate the work around, it's the closest I've gotten to get it to work.

However, it continues to present an error saying "gimbal too close to waypoint. reset waypoint" when on the timelapse in the mimo app, any suggestions, can't find anything on this.

Also, I'm setting the camera on the gimbal on any camera BUT the mimo app, yes? cause they can't bluetooth at the same time?

Last, found any other workarounds? Silly that this isn't a thing given that it has the timelapse function already built in. DJI engineers just drunk half the time, fml.

Andrew
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules