958 18 2020-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 701427 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Battery level leds (charging LEDs) never go out when charging  dji smart controller even  after 4 hours have passed and the charging level does not go beyond 99%.I am using the DJI official USB Power Adapter while charging.As far as I know the battery level indicator leds should stop blinking when the battery has fully charged. I did plugging/unplugging several times but it didn't help. By the way, the latest firmware update of the device was made with dji assistant just a few days ago..
Is there anything else I should do?
any applicable useful information will be appreciated

[size=18.6667px]fly safe stay safe..
[size=18.6667px]
[size=18.6667px]

2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charging from 15% to 100% takes around 1.5 hours mate after which the LED's on the battery should indeed turn off to indicate that the battery has reached a fully charged state. You mentioned that you have recently updated the firmware on the drone - have you also synced the firmware from the drone to each and all of your remaining batteries so that the firmware is consistent?
2020-9-30
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 9-30 12:12
Charging from 15% to 100% takes around 1.5 hours mate after which the LED's on the battery should indeed turn off to indicate that the battery has reached a fully charged state. You mentioned that you have recently updated the firmware on the drone - have you also synced the firmware from the drone to each and all of your remaining batteries so that the firmware is consistent?

Hi AJ,
thank you for your quick responce as usual, I have two batteries, one is already updated on the drone, after receiving inconsistent firmware warning I updated the other battery as well
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

erment Posted at 9-30 12:20
Hi AJ,
thank you for your quick responce as usual, I have two batteries, one is already updated on the drone, after receiving inconsistent firmware warning I updated the other battery as well

So it ain't the firmware!
If the batteries are still fine to use take them both out, fly them down to 15-20%. Let them cool down completely then fully recharge them. See if a complete recharge cycle helps to get them to 100%. I take it there are no physical signs of swelling or cracks
2020-9-30
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 9-30 12:25
So it ain't the firmware!  
If the batteries are still fine to use take them both out, fly them down to 15-20%. Let them cool down completely then fully recharge them. See if a complete recharge cycle helps to get them to 100%. I take it there are no physical signs of swelling or cracks

it also came to my mind too, and I'll try if I get the chance tomorrow, and there are no signs of swelling or cracks.I hope the situation will improve after the Drone&SC batteries are fullycharged and  discharged down to %10-15

2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

erment Posted at 9-30 12:45
it also came to my mind too, and I'll try if I get the chance tomorrow, and there are no signs of swelling or cracks.I hope the situation will improve after the Drone&SC batteries are fullycharged and  discharged down to %10-15

Fingers crossed mate - check the voltage readings in each cell from the battery info page within the safety settings before take off - make sure all 3 outputs are relatively consistent. Batteries often need a few recharge cycles to 'break in'. Don't push the pitch and throttle sticks to 100% for too long in flight and use Sport mode sparingly for a few flights too while you monitor them. I'm sure it'll be fine. If the battery is still 'charging' after say two hours on the charger when you get back then come back on here.
2020-9-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I thought the Op was about the Smart Controller not reaching 100% battery level?
2020-9-30
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 9-30 18:42
I thought the Op was about the Smart Controller not reaching 100% battery level?

That’s what I thought as well! Especially as how this is the SC thread
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It was late lol - may be the full recharge on the SC will do the same.
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Erment - apologies mate but my info is based on the flight batteries and not the SC (it was late). Try the full recharge on the SC anyway and may be leave it for a tad longer than two hours on the charger.

Here is a good thread from last year on the same issue. The OP resolved it by taking the SC on and off the charger a few times and reconnecting it and leaving it on the charger for longer. He states it takes a long time from 99% to 100%.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-179598-1-1.html
2020-9-30
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi,
Thank you for your reply and yes as I tried to explain on my first post my main issue is not reaching %100 battery level on smart controller.
2020-10-1
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 9-30 22:59
That’s what I thought as well! Especially as how this is the SC thread

Hi,
You are right the subject is actually about smart controller and I apologize if I caused confusion..
2020-10-1
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 9-30 23:12
It was late lol - may be the full recharge on the SC will do the same.

It's never too late for anything mate..
2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

erment Posted at 10-1 01:55
It's never too late for anything mate..

Good attitude to have mate Seems you are not alone in your 99% problem though but at least that link to that thread finally gives you a solution.
2020-10-1
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 9-30 23:22
Erment - apologies mate but my info is based on the flight batteries and not the SC (it was late). Try the full recharge on the SC anyway and may be leave it for a tad longer than two hours on the charger.

Here is a good thread from last year on the same issue. The OP resolved it by taking the SC on and off the charger a few times and reconnecting it and leaving it on the charger for longer. He states it takes a long time from 99% to 100%.

Hi,
Even if the subject is different, what is wrong with taking the time and giving me educational information?
I will read the link you mentioned about the subject, thank you
2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

erment Posted at 10-1 02:03
Hi,
Even if the subject is different, what is wrong with taking the time and giving me educational information?
I will read the link you mentioned about the subject, thank you

You're welcome man
2020-10-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi erment,

I experienced the same on the SC when the batteries are nearly charged. Then they seem not to charge to 100% and stay on indefinitly on 99%. After a flight, when the SC batteries were drained to 70%, I charged the SC again and after a while the leds stopped ... 100%.

So, I guess when you got nearly a full battery or you unplug your charger to put it in a different power outlet when it is nearly charged, it performs this kind of behaviour.  Drain your batteries and check if the SC will charge till 100% and the leds go out.
2020-10-1
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 10-1 03:16
Hi erment,

I experienced the same on the SC when the batteries are nearly charged. Then they seem not to charge to 100% and stay on indefinitly on 99%. After a flight, when the SC batteries were drained to 70%, I charged the SC again and after a while the leds stopped ... 100%.

Hi
thank you for taking the time and sharing this valuable information.This subject that you talked about is also in my mind and tomorrow I will do a few test flights with the smart controller / mavic 2 zoom duo and try to observe the results.
I will share the results here, thanks again and stay safe/healthy

[size=18.6667px]
Hi All,

yesterday and today i made total of 4 flights with mavic 2 zoom and SC, the battery level of SC, which was 99% at the beginning, dropped to 19% at the end of 4th flight. Total flight time was 93 minutes, flight time per battery was approximately 23 minutes, starting at 100% in 4 batteries and ending at approximately 13-15%.

After about 2-2.5 hours of charging time after the flight, the SC's battery level reached 100% and leds stop blinking.

As it can be understood from here, I have to complete the charging / discharging process in certain periods, as mentioned in the user manual also.

I would like to thank all of you who contributed to the solution of the issue with their enlightening ideas.

Stay safe

2020-10-1
Use props
mileshkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9266709 ft
Russia

Just the day before yesterday I received this problem:

- The controller was charged to 100% and then turned on for a while;
- Then it was again set to charge
- Charging did not complete even after a night (and I noticed this in the morning)
- The charge indicator shows 99% when turned on and the value drops quite quickly even when idle.

What I've done:

- Discharged the SC to a value below 8% (this is one of the conditions under which the battery charge controller begins to recalculate the charge ratio as a percentage to the battery voltage) - by the way, there is another condition - discharge below 5% - for particularly stubborn cases
- I set it to charge with a low current of ~460-490 mA

Result:

- The SC was charged, the LEDs went out at the end of charging
- Charge level indicator shows 100%
- The charge level value decreases slowly and evenly
Obviously, this method, as with the batteries of the drone itself, where these charging conditions are specified in BQ9003, works.

Conclusions:

The reasons for this behavior may lie in the imbalance of the battery elements (they simply did not have time to balance during fast charging) - in fact, with such a long “charge”, it is not charging that occurs, but the balancing of the elements by the built-in controller - due to low currents, this process takes a long time.
3-20 02:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules