Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barramundi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lost my Ronin SC USB-C to USB-C cable.
Surprisingly none of my 3 Apple and Anker type C cables work with this Ronin.
Is the Ronin SC USB-C cable propietary and the only one which works with it ?
2020-9-30
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

every good power delivery USB-C cable should work
don't forget to switch the batterie ON for charging!
2020-10-1
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 10-1 06:36
every good power delivery USB-C cable should work
don't forget to switch the batterie ON for charging!

I’m talking about the  Camera Control cable, not the charging cable.
In fact the DJI USB-C cable can only be used in one direction that is why it comes with labels, which implies is a proprietary cable which happens to use a type C connector.
I was wondering if some one can confirm this.
You can try other USB-C cables and you will see they won’t work.
2020-10-1
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

ok, sorry misunderstood

you must get a new from the dji support
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Barramundi Posted at 10-1 06:52
In fact the DJI USB-C cable can only be used in one direction that is why it comes with labels, which implies is a proprietary cable which happens to use a type C connector.
I was wondering if some one can confirm this.

Hello, we suggest you to purchase the USB-C camera control cable on the DJI Store: https://store.dji.com/product/ro ... ntrol-cable-type-c.

Thanks.
2020-10-21
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-21 03:12
Hello, we suggest you to purchase the USB-C camera control cable on the DJI Store: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-sc-camera-control-cable-type-c.

Thanks.

Thank you Wanda but my question remains unanswered.
Is the Camera control USB-C to USB-C cable PROPIETARY?
Can I use a third party high quality cable instead ? I need a 90 to 90 angle cable.
2020-10-21
Use props
djiuser_T49ouU5GI8ND
lvl.1

United States

Did you ever find out if you could get an alternative cable
2021-12-23
Use props
jeffyen
lvl.2
Singapore

I just got a cable from amazon this past week but the actual product was 'third party'. And even though it still looks USBC to USBC, no, it didn't work and got it refunded. The camera detects the Ronin, but other things like focus pull etc. doesn't work.

So I went to dji.com and bought the same. It did work. This tells me there's something unique with the official cable. (Or that there's nothing proprietary about the cable but that the 3rd party cable is not working. But if the fact that the placement of the angled part matters, then this possibility may not be so feasible.)
2021-12-24
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

https://th.aliexpress.com/item/1 ... id%22%3A%22-1%22%7D this is a cable from ali express. and it depends on what camera you are using , I orderd a cable yesterday and it is alsolonger than the original. about 13 usd

2021-12-31
Use props
jeffyen
lvl.2
Singapore

spetersen Posted at 12-31 04:46
https://th.aliexpress.com/item/1 ... id%22%3A%22-1%22%7D this is a cable from ali express. and it depends on what camera you are using , I orderd a cable yesterday and it is alsolonger than the original. about 13 usd

Does the cable you ordered work?
2021-12-31
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

jeffyen Posted at 2021-12-31 23:39
Does the cable you ordered work?

I wish and hope, I have not received it yet but check with me in a couple of weeks. Shipping time from China to Thailand is ridicules
2022-1-1
Use props
jeffyen
lvl.2
Singapore

spetersen Posted at 1-1 07:36
I wish and hope, I have not received it yet but check with me in a couple of weeks. Shipping time from China to Thailand is ridicules

If it doesn't work, just get it refunded, and order direct from dji.com . They use Dhl and ship from China. It just takes a few days to reach Thailand.
2022-1-2
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

jeffyen Posted at 1-2 01:41
If it doesn't work, just get it refunded, and order direct from dji.com . They use Dhl and ship from China. It just takes a few days to reach Thailand.

Thanks for your advice , but problem is that Dji don't have a cable that is longer than 20 cm, it will work for most cameras but  Nikon Z50 require an adapter USB c to Micro (25mm) that stretch the cable to its limits, hence I have to look for 3rd party solution...
2022-1-3
Use props
jeffyen
lvl.2
Singapore

spetersen Posted at 1-3 21:43
Thanks for your advice , but problem is that Dji don't have a cable that is longer than 20 cm, it will work for most cameras but  Nikon Z50 require an adapter USB c to Micro (25mm) that stretch the cable to its limits, hence I have to look for 3rd party solution...

Hmm ok, I just find it a bit curious as this configuration is mentioned in the dji compatibility document. The adapter is the one found in the box.

2022-1-8
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

jeffyen Posted at 1-8 01:58
Hmm ok, I just find it a bit curious as this configuration is mentioned in the dji compatibility document. The adapter is the one found in the box.

[view_image]

Well you are right about the text I read about it when I got the gimbal  , but I look like the forgotten to look at the cable... when it's attached to the camera . Thank's anyway for point it out . Be safe mate...
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_Tz8r92Dq11iH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315 ft
United Kingdom

I had a cable break so I took it apart. The cable uses 6 cores rather than the standard 4 for usb-c. I'm guessing the extra two are a used as a differential control line or extra data pair in addition to the usual data and power lines in a standard cable. I would not expect standard cables to work (or angle adapters for that matter as the extra lines are unlikely to be wired up.
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_Tz8r92Dq11iH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Tz8r92Dq11iH Posted at 1-14 10:50
I had a cable break so I took it apart. The cable uses 6 cores rather than the standard 4 for usb-c. I'm guessing the extra two are a used as a differential control line or extra data pair in addition to the usual data and power lines in a standard cable. I would not expect standard cables to work (or angle adapters for that matter as the extra lines are unlikely to be wired up.

Would be interested to know whether the ronin-s cables are the same. As they are available in rightangle format.
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_NjJttCqgTWuh
New
Flight distance : 69573 ft
United States

Barramundi Posted at 2020-10-1 06:52
In fact the DJI USB-C cable can only be used in one direction that is why it comes with labels, which implies is a proprietary cable which happens to use a type C connector.
I was wondering if some one can confirm this.

I have a cable from my Dji mini 3 I’m going to try it
image.jpg
2023-8-11
Use props
Bird-Party
New

United States

I just tried to use a Kondor Blue right-angle USB-C cable for DJI Ronin RS2 and it is not compatible, as stated above.
The specs on the cable are as follows:
- USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Connectors
- Up to 10 Gb/s Transfer Speed
- Up to 100W Charging
- Thunderbolt 3 Compatible

Due to the proprietary USB-C Connection and Cable, 3rd party USB-C Cables can not be used to power or charge peripheral devices such as the Raveneye or other transmitters or camera accessories. 3rd party cables also do not transmit any RSS run-stop camera data.
2-15 09:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules