George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Iasi city

Iasi city

Iasi City - Romania....
Designed in the spirit of the communal palaces in Western Europe, the Place in the center of the city of Iaşi is the most important achievement of the neogothic style on the territory of Romania. The edifice is considered a true ”swan song” of the 19th century romantic architecture. The Palace of Culture is distinguished through its magnificent monumentality, admirably valued by the surrounding space, which allows the edifice to freely outline its contours against the background of the Bucium gentle hills. Being a remarkable architectural achievement, the edifice became a true effigy of the old capital of Moldavia.

The celebrity of the edifice has also been favored by the fact that it was built on a privileged place, which has a considerable symbolic significance: the Palace inherited the position of the former Princely Court, the place where the supreme power was put into practice, where the history of Moldavia was made for five centuries. The city was designed so that the main streets would take the passenger’s steps towards this central point. Such a place required an exceptional architectural monument, the most beautiful of the old capital.

The execution of the giant project, designed by architect I.D. Berindey, was entrusted, following an auction, to the Schultze company. In the first phase of the works,” only the main foundations and some of the upper floor walls from the old palace” were kept. The designer also published the Plan for the demolition of the old ground floor masonry, depicting the partly preserved foundations, after the demolition of 1907. The recent restoration works have highlighted the partial reuse of the old, stone and brick masonry walls at the ground floor of the palace, and upstairs. Architect I.D. Berindey chose the neogothic considering the advantage provided by this style that consisted in favoring generous openings while disfavoring masonry, the latter prevailing in the neoclassical palace formerly erected on the same location. According to his confessions, his aim was to create a bright building on a light and elastic structure. The neogothic style was also preferred because it suggested the sacred space, the cathedral, the effect aimed at by the architect.

The general design and functionality of the edifice are marked by its initial role, of the Palace of Justice. I.D. Berindey stated that ”Monuments are our poems carved in stone, which must remain and transmit to the posterity the moment when we lived and what we were able to do. (...) An architect cannot prevent himself from being a poet and, at the same time, also a historian, because he is the one who conveys the history of his nation through the stone poems from one century to another. So, in an edifice of Justice, he immediately sees a large central hall, high vaults, air, space, light - necessary for those who have to meet for days. (...) The authority of Justice has nothing but to gain through the solemnity of the confirmed decisions, elevated precisely through the serious and imposing solemnity of an edifice commanding respect. Everything that demands prestige and authority requires a certain apparatus, so-called preparatory: pomp. (...) You feel yourself you are a part of the holy Communion of Justice in a more impressive altar. I am convinced that Architecture brings its contribution, its instrumental element. This is what I wanted to be seen at a first glance. I think My Palace is an imposing one”.
The building is imposing also considering its remarkable dimensions, approximately 36,000 square meters, being one of the largest in Romania. The impressive size of the edifice fueled the legend saying that the Palace would have 365 rooms, i.e. as many rooms as the days in a year. Actually, the building plan counts only 297 rooms. The new palace became part of the Iaşi cityscape already in 1914, when even the roof of the central tower was completed. The construction work of the palace was interrupted by World War I and the frequent financial problems.

2020-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-9-30
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Thank you...sorry that was no time to edit it a little more...But being a free footage for free time, I just made it very simple, only a fast basic color correction and voilla...
2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage
2020-10-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a magnificent building. Centrepiece of a busy and vibrant city. Nicely filmed. Thanks for the share.
2020-10-1
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Amazing footage! Great shot!! Thanks for sharing!
2020-10-1
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Thanks to all
2020-10-1
Use props
Planner68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

Very well done
2020-10-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely footage.
2020-10-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2020-10-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-10-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

George210477 Posted at 10-1 00:02
Thank you...sorry that was no time to edit it a little more...But being a free footage for free time, I just made it very simple, only a fast basic color correction and voilla...

It was pretty cool how it is.  
2020-10-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome George
2020-10-2
Use props
SHERLOCKHOLMES