Hazy playback image video tip for newbies
1206 19 2020-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dean01
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Many newbies are more advanced than me - this is probably not for you.

If it is the case that your uploaded videos (to you tube) play back with a haziness to them ..and if you would like to improve on this ... this tip might help.

This tip is suited for flyers like me who want or need nothing more than a user friendy, fast, functional phone app that easily uploads hd to yt.
The minimum device specs are 1. at least 32 gig sd 2. a smart device that can handle Video Maker app and powerful enough to do the job.

Background - i have struggled with hazy images for years now. I tried many app editors and schooled myself in davinci and invested too much time trying to find a way to get the haziness out of my videos. I achieved the best results in davinci but the time input was tooo much for a hobyist like me.
Maybe at least half the drone videos i have made, were made purely as attempts to get rid of the haziness from my you tube drone footage.

Concentrating only on the clarity of images / video (ie clarity of detail in video like trees and outlines and general clarity of image) i feel i have finally worked it out and hope that by sharing this recipe, that it may help one or some of you.
Step one: set your video recording device to highest resolution and record * 1* i found that 2.7k is not enough - 3.8k i recomend as minimum * the higher the resolution the faster yr storage will fill up - so limit long continuous shots especially with smaller sd cards
Step two: Take sd card from drone and put into phone
step 3: open Video Maker app and edit video using original from the drone footage
step 4: save the video in YT format (saving size options provided in app)
step 5; upload video to you tube
step 6; hopefully enjoy yr video on yt with clear imagary.

2 videos below compare my latest clear image video with a typical hazy video

2020-10-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice tips Dean, thanks for sharing.  The first video looks like it was skipping frames or could be I need my glasses replaced
2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello Dean - good to see you on here mate - been ages - hope all is well buddy. Cool vids too
2020-10-1
Use props
Dean01
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 10-1 09:34
Very nice tips Dean, thanks for sharing.  The first video looks like it was skipping frames or could be I need my glasses replaced

hey suren - yes the frame skipping is a thing i noticed too -
seems most apparent during fast turns. I think it might have to do with frame rate - the old mavics top out at 30 fps.  
at least thats what i tell myself is the problem - i shoulld try find the real reason and maybe i can improve on that :-)
2020-10-1
Use props
Dean01
First Officer
South Africa

A J Posted at 10-1 09:39
Hello Dean - good to see you on here mate - been ages - hope all is well buddy. Cool vids too

Hi aj - all good thanks - i was blocked from making posts - no idea what that was about - lasted for a long time and could not even contact moderators for help .
good to see you again

2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dean01 Posted at 10-1 10:47
Hi aj - all good thanks - i was blocked from making posts - no idea what that was about - lasted for a long time and could not even contact moderators for help .
good to see you again

What? Nuts mate! Glad to see you back on here and that all is OK
2020-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dean01. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this informative tips and this wonderful videos here at DJI Forum. Nicely done and thank you for your support.
2020-10-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Dean01 Posted at 10-1 10:44
hey suren - yes the frame skipping is a thing i noticed too -
seems most apparent during fast turns. I think it might have to do with frame rate - the old mavics top out at 30 fps.  
at least thats what i tell myself is the problem - i shoulld try find the real reason and maybe i can improve on that :-)

Upgrade time mate, Mavic 3 coming soon
2020-10-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-2
Use props
Dean
First Officer
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 00:39
Thanks for sharing.

nice icon/badge
what drone you flying?
Is that an original pro?
2020-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dean Posted at 10-2 00:57
nice icon/badge
what drone you flying?
Is that an original pro?

Mavic 2 Pro here..     the avatar is a qr code you can scan with a phone.
2020-10-2
Use props
Dean
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 10-1 20:06
Upgrade time mate, Mavic 3 coming soon

Not until i trash this one :-)
2020-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .
2020-10-2
Use props
Dean
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-1 19:53
Hello there Dean01. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this informative tips and this wonderful videos here at DJI Forum. Nicely done and thank you for your support.

Thanks dji stephen

There should be a thing like Super Captain for those forum members who have been captains already for many years and with thousands of points , who contribute so much in terms of advice, information and encouragement etc to other enquiring folks on the forum.
A Super Captain should also be a long standing and  upstanding contributor who has been captain already for a long period of time; somone who provides good advice,  someone who does not break the rules of the forum and who is not rude to other users.

2020-10-2
Use props
Dean
First Officer
South Africa

A J Posted at 10-1 11:57
What? Nuts mate! Glad to see you back on here and that all is OK

yep - its a crazy world out there :-)
2020-10-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dean Posted at 10-2 01:12
yep - its a crazy world out there :-)

Damn straight! 2020 has been something else!
2020-10-2
Use props
Dean
First Officer
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 00:58
Mavic 2 Pro here..     the avatar is a qr code you can scan with a phone.

wft? thats crazy.
Some might not be impressed but i am blown away.

I do not use QR codes in my life but thought ok let me download a qr app and hold it to yr avatar

Then it took me to yr web site - i feel like a surprised monkey who has just been played a trick on
Very cool avatar and qr code
2020-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dean Posted at 10-2 01:27
wft? thats crazy.
Some might not be impressed but i am blown away.

Lol. If you have an iPhone you just use the built in camera app,  no special app required.
2020-10-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Dean Posted at 10-2 00:58
Not until i trash this one :-)

2020-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dean Posted at 10-2 01:11
Thanks dji stephen

There should be a thing like Super Captain for those forum members who have been captains already for many years and with thousands of points , who contribute so much in terms of advice, information and encouragement etc to other enquiring folks on the forum.

Hi there Dean. Thank you for the reply and for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter.  I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support.
2020-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules