Blurry Camera
498 6 2020-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kateharry1106
lvl.1

United States

I have a DJI Mavic Pro that inconsistently has a blurry bar on the picture (either at the top or the bottom, mostly on the bottom) when filming. Sometimes it takes very crisp and clear photographs and videos and other times it does not. There's no rhyme or reason why this happens. We've tried all the tricks, from recallibrating the device, auto focus, etc... and there's never a proper outcome. I've attached a photo to show you what I mean... has anyone experienced this before and if so, what did you do to fix this?

2020-10-1
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

No photo...
2020-10-1
Use props
kateharry1106
lvl.1

United States

Ugh sorry - I thought it uploaded.
2020-10-1
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

kateharry1106 Posted at 10-1 07:51
Ugh sorry - I thought it uploaded. [view_image]

Strange....
2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I remember people having that issue with the MP1 - it happened on mine a few times - I found tapping the centre of the screen helped to bring everything into focus.
2020-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kateharry1106. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Pro and was there a hard landing or a crash that happened before on the said DJI Drone? Thank you.
2020-10-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

kateharry1106 Posted at 10-1 07:51
Ugh sorry - I thought it uploaded. [view_image]

Aloha KH,

Have you tried checking the lens cover for condensation?  My friend had a similar problem but once he dried the inside of the camera on a very dry day (not often in Hawai'i), the condensation went away.

Until then, he checked the lens cover as part of the pre-flight and if it was covered with any condensate, he removed the cover, cleaned it and replaced it.  Solved his problem.

Humidity and temperature made the problem random and in your case which way the Mavic stored - right side up or upside down - made the problem hard to understand.

Hope this helps!  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules