Help! Custom Camera Settings for H20 Zoom
4650 18 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ggrey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99764 ft
United States

Hello, I am looking to use the Zenmuse H20 Zoom camera in my mapping missions, but as it does not show up on the DJI pilot app, I need to enter it as a custom camera. That being said, I am struggling to find the correct settings to do so. What should I enter for sensor width/height? What should I enter for focal length? And what should I enter for min interval? Thank you!
2020-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
2020-9-30
Use props
ggrey
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-30 22:35
Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

Thank you!
2020-10-1
Use props
ggrey
lvl.2
United States

Zenmuse H20 Zoom Custom Camera Settings

Hello, I am looking to use the Zenmuse H20 Zoom camera in my mapping  missions, but as it does not show up on the DJI pilot app, I need to  enter it as a custom camera. That being said, I am struggling to find  the correct settings to do so. What should I enter for sensor  width/height? What should I enter for focal length? And what should I  enter for min interval? Thank you!
2020-10-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2020-10-1
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237162 ft
United States

Are you using the M300 RTK?
2020-10-2
Use props
ggrey
lvl.2
United States

COA_M600_PIC Posted at 10-2 08:27
Are you using the M300 RTK?

Yes, I am    .
2020-10-2
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
United States

Hmmm, I ran into an issue with mine where the number one gimbal port malfunctioned. That was the only time my controller didn't register the camera. You may try connection the gimbal to a different port on the body of the drone and see if it connects that way. The only other thing I could think of is the firmware isn't updated properly. I'm operating the H20T camera btw. Hope this helps. If you cant figure it out and DJI is slow at responding give RMUS, Rocky Mountain Unmanned Systems, a call and ask for Nate. if he cant walk you through the fix over the phone he will get the lead tech Jon to help as well.
2020-10-2
Use props
ggrey
lvl.2
United States

COA_M600_PIC Posted at 10-2 11:47
Hmmm, I ran into an issue with mine where the number one gimbal port malfunctioned. That was the only time my controller didn't register the camera. You may try connection the gimbal to a different port on the body of the drone and see if it connects that way. The only other thing I could think of is the firmware isn't updated properly. I'm operating the H20T camera btw. Hope this helps. If you cant figure it out and DJI is slow at responding give RMUS, Rocky Mountain Unmanned Systems, a call and ask for Nate. if he cant walk you through the fix over the phone he will get the lead tech Jon to help as well.

Thank you so much for the resources! I will mention though that the controller does register the camera just fine, but that it only registers the Wide camera rather than both the Wide and the Zoom cameras. I've been able to use the Wide camera with good success on these mapping missions but I was looking into if I could use the Zoom camera for higher resolution orthomosaics. Is this still unintended behavior?
2020-10-2
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
United States

ggrey Posted at 10-2 11:55
Thank you so much for the resources! I will mention though that the controller does register the camera just fine, but that it only registers the Wide camera rather than both the Wide and the Zoom cameras. I've been able to use the Wide camera with good success on these mapping missions but I was looking into if I could use the Zoom camera for higher resolution orthomosaics. Is this still unintended behavior?

I don't have my controller with me currently but I can send you some photos on Monday. When you have your camera up do you see on the left side of the screen a tab for Zoom? on my controller I have 3 options to swap between the zoom, wide, and IR. I can send you some snaps of my controller when I get back to the office. (Mind ya. you have to click on the little box to get to the camera. That way you're not looking at the FPV camera of the drone. ) It starts up using the FPV  on the bottom left side you have the map and on the bottom right you have the H20 camera box. You need to click on that and then should see different options for wide and zoom. Sorry i cant help more now. but ill check on this thread first thing Monday and if you're still having issues I'll provide photos.
2020-10-2
Use props
ggrey
lvl.2
United States

COA_M600_PIC Posted at 10-2 13:06
I don't have my controller with me currently but I can send you some photos on Monday. When you have your camera up do you see on the left side of the screen a tab for Zoom? on my controller I have 3 options to swap between the zoom, wide, and IR. I can send you some snaps of my controller when I get back to the office. (Mind ya. you have to click on the little box to get to the camera. That way you're not looking at the FPV camera of the drone. ) It starts up using the FPV  on the bottom left side you have the map and on the bottom right you have the H20 camera box. You need to click on that and then should see different options for wide and zoom. Sorry i cant help more now. but ill check on this thread first thing Monday and if you're still having issues I'll provide photos.

I do see the camera, yes. And I can switch to the zoom camera just fine. The issue I'm having is with the mission flights, specifically the mapping mission. When I go to create a mission, it only gives me the option to take mapping photography with the Wide camera, not the zoom camera, but it does give me the option to input a custom camera. The thing is, I don't know what parameters to enter for the Zoom camera, such as sensor width/height and focal length.
2020-10-2
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
United States

ggrey Posted at 10-2 13:11
I do see the camera, yes. And I can switch to the zoom camera just fine. The issue I'm having is with the mission flights, specifically the mapping mission. When I go to create a mission, it only gives me the option to take mapping photography with the Wide camera, not the zoom camera, but it does give me the option to input a custom camera. The thing is, I don't know what parameters to enter for the Zoom camera, such as sensor width/height and focal length.

That is a new one on me..

https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-h20-series/specs

That is the spec sheet for the Zenmuse H20. The information may be there.
2020-10-5
Use props
ggrey
lvl.2
United States

COA_M600_PIC Posted at 10-5 05:03
That is a new one on me..

https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-h20-series/specs

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the information I need, there
2020-10-6
Use props
MW_POE
lvl.2

United States

Supplied by others on the forum and we are currently verifying these - they appear correct

H20 camera settings

H20 Wide Camera (1/2.3” CMOS):
Photo Size Width: 4056
Photo Size Height: 3040
Sensor Size Width: 6.16mm
Sensor Size Height: 4.62mm
Focal Length: 4.5mm
Min interval: 2.5 seconds

H20 Zoom Camera:
Photo Size Width: 5184
Photo Size Height: 3888
Sensor Size Width: 5.82mm
Sensor Size Height: 7.76mm
Focal Length: 10.34mm (if set to 2X zoom in the app which is 2X the H20 Wide camera)

H20 Thermal Camera (1/1.7” CMOS):
Photo Size Width: 640
Photo Size Height: 512
Sensor Size Width: 7.68mm
Sensor Size Height: 6.144mm
Focal Length: 13.5mm
2020-10-8
Use props
ggrey
lvl.2
United States

MW_POE Posted at 10-8 13:02
Supplied by others on the forum and we are currently verifying these - they appear correct

H20 camera settings

Thanks a ton!! This is perfect
2020-10-8
Use props
MW_POE
lvl.2

United States

New info for settings- try reversing width and height for mapping.
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_XMlnqt4aUXEC
lvl.1

United States

MW_POE Posted at 2020-10-8 13:02
Supplied by others on the forum and we are currently verifying these - they appear correct

H20 camera settings

This was great info! Curious where you found these specs foe future reference.
2021-1-6
Use props
MF Drone
lvl.2

France

MW_POE Posted at 2020-10-8 13:02
Supplied by others on the forum and we are currently verifying these - they appear correct

H20 camera settings

Hi,

how did you get 10.34mm focal length for the H20T Zoom camera ?
2021-1-7
Use props
MMD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106631 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

Hello, are this settings for H20T good? Has anyone tried them yet? I Need to do some mapping jobs, but my drone shipping is delaying, so I will not have enough time to try it before the actual job.
2021-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules