3299 17 2020-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wabrix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76640 ft
Latvia

Hey All!

Got a problem with my unit, love the small little thing, but cannot switch out of 2.4Ghz band

So I'm using a Mavic Mini, Fly more combo (EU market rated) and in channel selection I have only 2.4Ghz band channels.
At the same time my friend who has Mavic Mini, same-same just not a fly more version, see 5.8Ghz and drone eagerly changes to that band.

What I have tried out so far:
Different android versions
Allowed location tracing even when not using DJI Fly
Flown around to acquire "proper" amount of satellites, then landed and tried to poke the settings

And a fun thing:
plugged my phone in friends remote - and there it is, instantly I got 5Ghz band and was able to select on his unit.

Contacted DJI support, after some debugging they forwarded me to exchange the unit
After this I had the unit exchanged to a new one, but the issue is still there, thus I'm thinking this could be a not hardware related thing.

Hoping for some/any tip to try out.
2020-10-1
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Where did he purchase his mini?
2020-10-1
Use props
wabrix
lvl.1
Latvia

Same vendor as me, our local diatributor.
2020-10-1
Use props
wabrix
lvl.1
Latvia

Here's few screenies how it looks from ui.
Channels:

Channels

Channels

Frequency:

Frequency

Frequency

Versions:

Versions

Versions

2020-10-1
Use props
wabrix
lvl.1
Latvia

So, i have fixed the issue with myne

1 - installed 1.1.6 version of DJI FLY app  via apk that I got from some weird apk mirror
2 - connected to remote and drone -
On startup I had an interesting message that I did not see previously - wifi being reconfigured to local legislation
3 - all works, even when I use current version of app it works

2020-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there wabrix. I apologize for the inconvenience cased by this issue. The DJI Fly application has a problem in recognizing the country or region information of the said drone., and thus the 5.8 GHz is unavailable. Our DJI engineers are now working to fix this issue in the new DJI Fly application version. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-10-2
Use props
wabrix
lvl.1
Latvia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-2 01:18
Hello there wabrix. I apologize for the inconvenience cased by this issue. The DJI Fly application has a problem in recognizing the country or region information of the said drone., and thus the 5.8 GHz is unavailable. Our DJI engineers are now working to fix this issue in the new DJI Fly application version. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding and support.

Dear Stephen,
All good, but would propose pining how to work around this issue while it is there.
I have it working now, but in the process have returned 1 unit that probably was fully working.
2020-10-2
Use props
G-Scrat
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi there!
I have the exactly same problem.New Mavic Mini, Fly more combo with newest firmware and newest version of the DJI-Fly App. Only unusual thing was, that the controller was not bound to the aircraft, as it should have been.
I tried setting location to US via virtual location in 3u-tools, but no effect. Then I set location to Japan and there was a message, saying that the type of battery I’m using is not allowed in this country. So the system recognized the location. I hoped when switching back to Europe, it would unlock the 5.8 GHz-Channels. But no, it didn’t.
Finally I suspected being a hardware problem, one of the devices, controller or aircraft, not being able using the 5.8 GHz band and thought about having replaced the unit. But today I did some more research and found this relatively new thread.Glad to hear, that the problem will be fixed…

2020-10-4
Use props
wabrix
lvl.1
Latvia

G-Scrat Posted at 10-4 01:24
Hi there!
I have the exactly same problem.New Mavic Mini, Fly more combo with newest firmware and newest version of the DJI-Fly App. Only unusual thing was, that the controller was not bound to the aircraft, as it should have been.
I tried setting location to US via virtual location in 3u-tools, but no effect. Then I set location to Japan and there was a message, saying that the type of battery I’m using is not allowed in this country. So the system recognized the location. I hoped when switching back to Europe, it would unlock the 5.8 GHz-Channels. But no, it didn’t.

Try installing 1.1.6 version of DJI Fly, that helped for me.
2020-10-4
Use props
G-Scrat
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks, wabrix. I read your post about that. I'm using an iPhone and on my older Android I could not install version 1.1.8 from the playstore (“Phone not supported”). So I thought there was a general problem with DJI Fly and this type of phone. But I just tried to install 1.1.6 from APK-mirror and it worked. As soon as the app connected, there was this message about the change of location and that the aircraft was restarted. It did and afterward the 5.8 GHz channels were available. I switched off the controller, changed to the iPhone and the 5.8 GHz channels were also there! Then I switched off aircraft, controller and app, restarted everything and the 5.8 GHz channels are still there (on iPhone with version 1.1.8). So the information about the location has to be stored in the aircraft, therefore the problem existing only with a specific type of hardware.
2020-10-8
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not sure if it will help but its still possible to use the "FCC Hack" to spoof the location of the drone, this would let you pick a country like UK to get the 5.8Ghz channels back and would also allow you to pick US to get just 2.4Ghz but with slightly extended range over standard

2020-10-8
Use props
wabrix
lvl.1
Latvia

itchyeyeballs Posted at 10-8 04:35
Not sure if it will help but its still possible to use the "FCC Hack" to spoof the location of the drone, this would let you pick a country like UK to get the 5.8Ghz channels back and would also allow you to pick US to get just 2.4Ghz but with slightly extended range over standard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ratCY_4FR1k

With the latest(1.1.9) version of app, you cannot or at least I could not when testing.
This popup notifying of changing location did not pop up at all.
2020-10-8
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wabrix Posted at 10-8 05:18
With the latest(1.1.9) version of app, you cannot or at least I could not when testing.
This popup notifying of changing location did not pop up at all.

The video shows how to switch back to an older version of the App (not ideal but seems to work)
2020-10-8
Use props
wabrix
lvl.1
Latvia

itchyeyeballs Posted at 10-8 07:38
The video shows how to switch back to an older version of the App (not ideal but seems to work)

If you have installed already older app version you don't have this issue, you can just open it up and get your 5.8Ghz unlocked.

Problem is that with the current(1.1.9) app version, you do not have the possibility to change your region
and in EU version this means we're stuck with 2.4Ghz with up to 11 channels only.
2020-10-8
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wabrix Posted at 10-8 07:45
If you have installed already older app version you don't have this issue, you can just open it up and get your 5.8Ghz unlocked.

Problem is that with the current(1.1.9) app version, you do not have the possibility to change your region

you would get a bit more transmission power though
2020-10-9
Use props
wabrix
lvl.1
Latvia

itchyeyeballs Posted at 10-9 05:32
you would get a bit more transmission power though

Try a Yagi for extra range, a friend tried and got an extra 60% range without spoofing GPS location. ;)

The main issue thou was that when you get a new drone marked for the EU region, it seems that it defaults to FCC mode and it was not possible to switch to the correct band.
Thus as a consumer, you could arrive at the conclusion that you have a bad device, and as it turned out I had the same info back from DJI support and out local guys performed an exchange of units.

2020-10-9
Use props
djiuser_yN6fP5YQpJc7
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Hi all!
I have just purchased a  new Dji mini se.
The 1st activation I was inside home, and after the drone linked to rc, the transmittion menu in the app was showing 2,4ghz and 5.8ghz bands.
When I activated it open air, it linked to rc, the app showed tha was changing transmit
Parameters , and now is stuck in 2.4ghz band.
What you suggest to do?
App 1.1.6 is not working with mini se.
Thank you for suggiestions
Lele
2021-10-9
Use props
djiuser_yN6fP5YQpJc7
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-10-2 01:18
Dear Stephen, please, have a look to my post #17 on this thread.
Thank you in advance
2021-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules