Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Add Ons
1641 11 2015-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maddtech
New

United States

The University that I'm working for is alotting funds to purchase a drone but the amount of funding I have is based on all of the capabilities.  I've looked through the drones on DJI's website and have picked the Inspire 1 for our use.

However, one department want's to be able to use it for events but they want to be able to drop tickets from the drone.

Is this even possible with the Inspire 1?
2015-6-24
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

No. Inspire 1 does not have payload capabilities.     You might want to look at the matrice.   When it's available.  I would caution you to read some of the forum posts before investing in an inspire.  Be well informed and know the expectations before you invest 2899 plus in this venture.   You might be better served by looking at something custom.     Whomever ends up piloting the inspire, needs to be well informed about it's capabilities and how to use it.  Especially if you are flying over people dropping tickets.    Not advisable, but it's your quadcopter.    Please.....read through the forum and be informed.
2015-6-24
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

If your talking about dropping tickets over a crowd...That's a No No!!
2015-6-24
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Crowds + flying blenders. Always fun.
2015-6-24
Use props
maddtech
New

United States

chris@corp-medi Posted at 2015-6-25 00:18
If your talking about dropping tickets over a crowd...That's a No No!!

Why is it a No No?

I'm not trying to be stubborn.  I just want to give them all of the solutions.
2015-6-24
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Because if a motor fails or pilot error or anything and it falls on said crowd, who do you think is going to get blamed.
2015-6-24
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

and sued.................
2015-6-24
Use props
maddtech
New

United States

How to sporting event do it then?  I know major teams can afford it but I'm talking like we have a jr hockey league and they run one in the arena all the time.
2015-6-24
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Also not allowed to drop anything from a UAV in the UK and Europe.  Breaches CAA regulations.  I believe you can obtain special permission from CAA, but it has to be approved in full and in a controlled environment.

2015-6-24
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

maddtech Posted at 2015-6-25 02:22
How to sporting event do it then?  I know major teams can afford it but I'm talking like we have a j ...

I don't go to many games where they use a drone.  Most of the time, it's an inflatable RC controlled unit.   It basically floats with helium.   I wouldn't try an inspire.  Ever.
2015-6-24
Use props
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

Also in Australia dropping anything from an aerial platform is a special section of the regs called Aerial Application. It is a specific addition to your licence. If you don't have it and then you drop stuff you can expect to get spanked.
2015-6-24
Use props
maddtech
New

United States

Thanks for the information guys.  I really appreciate it.  I will let them know that we can only use the drone to film events and the campus.
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules