DJI P4 Multispectral questions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GDimitroff
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hello DJI P4 Multispectral fans,

I'm gonna purchasing a DJI Phantom 4 Multispectral, but before this significant investment I have few question. Mainly I will use it for agricultural analysis for detecting damage from frost, hail, flood, fire on crops. So my queastions are:

1. Can someone tell his experiens when fly on manual mood and switch between RGB/NDVI view , is there any problem with the signal or something else ? If someone has video will be great to share it.
2. What kind of tablet for the transmitter you will recommend me?
3. I will need software to make Vegetable index calculation and I wrote somewhere that DJI terra don't have this option, what softwer do you use? I did a short research and I think Pix4D Mapper and Agisoft are one of the best software for that but I look forward for your opinions.

P.S. I will be happy to meet people interested in vegetation index analysis with whom we can exchange experiences in the future.

2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_YlT6q4dhRdJG
New

Spain

Hola.
Aún no me ha llegado el P4M, pero no tardará. Por lo que he podido leer, si se puede cambiar de RGB a NDVI, pero aconsejan no hacerlo mientras se está haciendo una misión solo cuando se vuela en manual.
Creo que ahora mismo lo más rápido de software es pix4dfields.

Un saludo
2020-10-4
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-10-4
Use props
GDimitroff
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hello djiuser_YlT6q4dhRdJG,

Thank you for you comment. When you expect to get P4 multispectral ?
2020-10-4
Use props
GDimitroff
lvl.1

Bulgaria

JetSam Posted at 10-4 22:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpfVFLNUcFs

Hello JetSam,

Thank you for this video. What tablet do you use for your PS4 Multispectreal ?
2020-10-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

GDimitroff Posted at 10-5 02:34
Hello JetSam,

Thank you for this video. What tablet do you use for your PS4 Multispectreal ?

Sorry I use Phantom 4 standard
2020-10-5
Use props
inspectorherb3
lvl.1

United States

If you are using DJI Ground Station Pro, Litchi, Drone Deploy, etc. any iPad will work but it has to have cellular and maps, it doesn't need to have cellular activated just need it to make the apps function properly.
2021-5-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

inspectorherb3 Posted at 5-26 07:27
If you are using DJI Ground Station Pro, Litchi, Drone Deploy, etc. any iPad will work but it has to have cellular and maps, it doesn't need to have cellular activated just need it to make the apps function properly.

Ipad 1st Gen doesnt work. For third party application as Litchi Drone deploy... be sure they are supporting P4M before purchase. At my knowledge, only UGCS do it for now. Maybe iam wrong, but be careful before purchase. Cellular integrated is also not needed. it work perfectly with a phone wifi hotspot nearby. Anyway internet connection is mandatory to receive RTK correction.
2021-5-27
Use props
patiam
First Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-27 00:14
Ipad 1st Gen doesnt work. For third party application as Litchi Drone deploy... be sure they are supporting P4M before purchase. At my knowledge, only UGCS do it for now. Maybe iam wrong, but be careful before purchase. Cellular integrated is also not needed. it work perfectly with a phone wifi hotspot nearby. Anyway internet connection is mandatory to receive RTK correction.

will Android UGCS work? (sorry, new to P4 MS)
2021-6-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Yes it works with UGCS, but:
-Before the flight, you must close all error messages and ignore them, except the compass if it persists. Calibration is required.
-During the flight, same, ignore the messages. "weak signal transmission images" is permanent. IMU error and flight controler error sometimes.
-Plan to bring a laptop because you cannot change the route or the settings on the phone. you have to do it in the software.
-Do not forget to tilt the nacelle manually at the start of the flight, he refuses to do it alone. (Maybe I didn't find the function)
-At the end of the battery, take a good look at where you have arrived (the waypoints are numbered) because when you will restart the drone, it does not offer to restart at the last point. it's up to you to tell him where you want to continue.

What I write is valid today, June 18, 2021. UGCS support is very responsive by email and listening. At least someone is answering you. I looked on the internet if there was a vacant position at DJI Entreprise community manager, it seems not, news from this person will be our pleasure.
2021-6-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

In addition:
Just like GSPro, if the battery reaches the limit in the middle of a branch, it is not possible to start over at this precise point. GSpro will resume at the previous waypoint. UGCS lets you choose, but you can only choose one waypoint. No way to start between two waypoints.

On DJI Pilot with Mavic 2 this function works very well and is very useful !
2021-6-18
Use props
patiam
First Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-18 06:06
In addition:
Just like GSPro, if the battery reaches the limit in the middle of a branch, it is not possible to start over at this precise point. GSpro will resume at the previous waypoint. UGCS lets you choose, but you can only choose one waypoint. No way to start between two waypoints.

Again, thank you so much @LV_Forestry- this information is invaluable!

Once more, I am grateful for the support and advice provided by other knowledgeable users. Sure would be nice if DJI paid someone to offer support here, something beyond the cheerful but otherwise useless glad-handing the moderators provide...
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules