Firmware v01.00.0670 - How happy are you with it?
2247 8 2020-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xagoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Hi guys. Firmware v01.00.0670 has been released for 3 months now, but I'm still reluctant to install it, mainly because of the reports with various problems arising after the update. Problems like connection between RC and AC, weaker signal etc. Of course the reports could only reflect a tiny fragment of the Mavics out there.

So if you could take a minute and vote, would be great to get a better idea on where we really stand with the latest firmware and if it's worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Single SelectVote, Total 30 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-10-2
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Works exactly the same as all the other firmware releases.
2020-10-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Works as advertised with no issues so far to my drone.
2020-10-3
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

I am on the latest firmware updates for the M2P and smart controller, no problems at all.

Just be aware that firmware is the base control software of your devices. I experienced that using wifi to update is not a good way. Use the DJI Assistent software on your pc or mac to update drone as well as your controller. Some drone updates require updates of the controller and/or battery firmware.
Problems with connecting USB often can be the problem of the usb hardware of your computer or it's driver. It's not always the DJI product that is causing the problem.
Keep your controller alive while it is updating. Prolong the sleep time or tap from time to time on the SC screen to keep it alive.
Check on your battery power before starting an update. You don't want to fall out of power in the middle of an update.
Sometimes adding some extra software on the SC can cause interference with the update. If you experience problems, do a factory reset.
Keeping those in mind I had no or less problems updating firmware. Since I'm using drones from DJI I updated drones and controllers regulary. DJI has given no more or less problems than any other device I upgraded firmware of.
2020-10-3
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Works as promised.  I flew my M2pro this morning and that thing is stable like you wouldn't believe.
2020-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there xagoras. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out there valued insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-10-4
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

The Firmware v01.00.0670 Killed my Mainboard ,
Transmitter  disconnections after short distance of a few meters,
The adventure cost me 410$  -  Mainboard Replacement.

after the replacement with the last firmware v01.00.0670
the drone work,
the original mainboard manufacturing date 2018.6
the replacement mainboard manufacturing date 2019.6
Maybe the firmware only kills old mainboard.

2020-10-6
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Had no issues to date. I use the SCs for my Pro and Zoom.
2020-10-19
Use props
slo007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41030 ft
Ireland

In my case, the firmware upgrade took ages to complete. It crashed numerous times whilst trying on the Samsung S7 and didn't even bother to come up on the iPad Pro; which was quite a mystery. Finally, it completed fine on the S7 at the "10th/last" try (the drone refused to fly meanwhile). Thereafter, I noticed the drone hooks up to satellites much faster for GPS flight - although I didn't mind waiting before.

However, things went crazy yesterday when I came in for a landing and the sensors completely failed to detect the ground and the drone did a "controlled" belly landing on the sand (previously, it would have come to a halt near me or the ground). Fortunately, nothing broken.

I always record the pilot's view and video footage confirms sensors were on. It appears they only realised where the drone was too late. "Landing!" it says, after touching the ground. Will post a link shortly.
2020-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules