Can't adjust settings or take photo *fixed*
523 6 2020-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim Downey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240984 ft
Australia

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and it flys ok and can launch from my phone but the camera doesn't respond (either with button on the controllor or my phone) - ie; I cant take video or pics, cant adjust settings - they just default back - even when I try to reset the camera settings it says "Failed". I can move the gimbal ok. I have tried a friends phone, tried to refresh the firmware on the DJI Assistant App which fails every time! My DJI refresh expired a few days ago - hopefully they will honor it still! Any suggestions?
2020-10-2
Use props
Tim Downey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240984 ft
Australia

So I ended up fixing it I connected the drone to my PC and formatted both the SD and internal, seems to work ok and take pictures.
2020-10-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Good to hear you sorted it out
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you fixed it - strange how not formatting the micro sd card prevents using the camera. Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-3
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

A J Posted at 10-3 01:17
Glad you fixed it - strange how not formatting the micro sd card prevents using the camera. Thanks for sharing.

well AJ,

the drone (or camera) tries to follow the formatting of the card. Wrong or no formatting can make a problem to record the images. Always format the memory card on the device where you want to use it and you have less problems. This rule also applies to digital camera's.
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 10-3 07:52
well AJ,

the drone (or camera) tries to follow the formatting of the card. Wrong or no formatting can make a problem to record the images. Always format the memory card on the device where you want to use it and you have less problems. This rule also applies to digital camera's.

Yeah, I've never had this problem with any of my 12 drones. Thanks for the tips though.
2020-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tim Downey. I am sorry to for the trouble this has caused before and and thank you for reaching out. It is great to know that you were able to sort the issue out the said issue and for providing the way on how you have fixed the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules