Aftermarket cables
2684 10 2020-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machang10370
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20433 ft
Australia

Hi everyone, I have a iphone 6s plus with a Lifeproof case. With the case on, I'm unable to connect the genuine DJI lightning cable. So I purchased a genuine Apple lightning to USB  adapter, and a Micro USB to USB cable to connect my iPhone 6s Plus to my DJI Mavic Mini remote controller. When I connect both those after market cables, it looks like my remote is blinking all 4 LED's, like it's on charge. And I get an error message "RC not conected". However when I connect my genuine DJI lightning cable to my phone, after I remove the Lifeproof case, I have all functionality. I don't want to keep on removing my casing as it may break. Which is why I'm trying to connect these 2 aftermarket cables. Any suggestions or ideas as to why my phone and RC not connecting? Thanks for your time.
2020-10-2
Use props
Fotonauta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274439 ft
Spain

I think that you need an OTG adapter ( ligthning to USB) to transfer files.
2020-10-2
Use props
Machang10370
lvl.1
Australia

Fotonauta Posted at 10-2 23:06
I think that you need an OTG adapter ( ligthning to USB) to transfer files.

Thank you. I did purchase a genuine lightning to USB cable.
2020-10-2
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Here is the USB-C to Micro USB cable that I am using for my Mini and Android:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 3_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

<Edit>
Sorry, I mis-read your post (or remembered a different thread).  Did not realize it was a lightning cable that you needed.  

Turns out that I had replied to a different thread that was asking about android cables.  When I saw this thread, I thought it was that other thread and that my post over there had not actually gotten posted.  Sorry about that...

2020-10-3
Use props
Machang10370
lvl.1
Australia

K6CCC Posted at 10-3 10:29
Here is the USB-C to Micro USB cable that I am using for my Mini and Android:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 3_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No worries my friend. And thank you for the reply. Hope you find a good cable for yourself as well. I think what my issues is, that the micro USB cable I have a is a male and the lightning cable is a female. I believe it should be the other way around; micro USB cable female and lightning cable male.

I ordered a couple of cables from DJI. Hope fully that should solve my issue. Thanks again.
2020-10-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the problem is with your micro USB-to-USB cable. It needs to be an OTG type if I am not mistaken. Micro USB is a bit picky. Is that just an extension cable?
2020-10-3
Use props
Machang10370
lvl.1
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 10-3 20:23
I think the problem is with your micro USB-to-USB cable. It needs to be an OTG type if I am not mistaken. Micro USB is a bit picky. Is that just an extension cable?

Yes I think so too. I think what my issues is, that the micro USB cable I have a is a male and the lightning cable is a female. I believe it should be the other way around; micro USB cable female and lightning cable male.

I ordered a couple of cables from DJI. Hope fully that should solve my issue. Thanks mate
2020-10-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Machang10370. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if those cables that you need is available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Thank you and please be safe always.
2020-10-4
Use props
Machang10370
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 21:41
Hello there Machang10370. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if those cables that you need is available. In addition I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI Co pilots with regards to this inquiry. Thank you and please be safe always.

Hi DJI Stephen, thank you for your advice and recommendations. I wish there was a lightning adapter for the Lifeproof case. And then there wouldn't be any issues.
2020-10-4
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Machang10370 Posted at 10-4 21:49
Hi DJI Stephen, thank you for your advice and recommendations. I wish there was a lightning adapter for the Lifeproof case. And then there wouldn't be any issues.

I’m not familiar with the Lifeproof case but I had some problems finding a cable that would work with my iPhone and iPad, both in Otterbox Defender cases. I use this one:

https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/ ... micro-usb-micro-usb

They apparently ship worldwide.

2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Machang10370 Posted at 10-4 21:49

Hi there Machang10370. Thank you sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter and you are very much welcome. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.
2020-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules