Smart Controller Fly App 1.1.9 (manual update)
3198 12 2020-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello MA2 pilots who use the Smart Controller,

since the "big upgrade" of the DJI SC (v. 01.00.820) "only" contains the DJI Fly App 1.1.6, are there possibly a few disadvantages when using the SC together with the MA2 ...?

I had read that it was possible to carry out such an update anyway using the external SD card ...
This seemed a bit "tricky" to me, maybe not the official way ...?

Well, it also works using the tools available in the SC. DJI seems to have prepared that accordingly.
You use the "built-in" Lightning Browser ...
But I don't want to describe everything again here, because I found the instructions on the Internet (... but described here for the DJI Go app):

It works perfectly and it is certainly not "undesirable" for DJI to have this update ...

Frank

2020-10-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-3
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

But that was for the DJI GO4 , have you done this with DJI Fly app?
2020-10-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 10-3 04:23
But that was for the DJI GO4 , have you done this with DJI Fly app?

It's the same procedure ...
2020-10-3
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Worked for me on the DJI Go 4 app and now I just updated the fly app the same way. Will fly my Mavic Air 2 later today and check all works
2020-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Frank. Thank you for posting this video and for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-10-4
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After the installation everything seems to work, but I have this display ... strange ...
Done, a new installation fixed it.
Screenshot_20201006-101820.png
2020-10-6
Use props
djiuser_dap4c7MfBeS2
lvl.3

Germany

DaMa Posted at 10-6 00:24
After the installation everything seems to work, but I have this display ... strange ...
Done, a new installation fixed it.

This is only the first time you use the fly app. After rebooting it's gone.
2020-10-6
Use props
saborman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 834669 ft
United States

I followed the steps from the video and upgraded to the newest version 1.1.9 for the Fly app on the smart controller.   Did several test flights and had zero issues with Mavic Air2 and SC.

I have a certain distance that I can reach here in a residential area and prior to upgrading the Fly app, I was consistently within a few hundred feet when I would lose signal and the RTH kicks in.

Not sure if the stars aligned for me or the signal bounced just perfect but after the upgrade I flew the same exact test route and I was almost 3x the normal distance before I lost signal and RTH kicked in.  

I need to test this again because I do not understand how upgrading to the newest version increased my range that much but if this holds true then I am super happy.

This is a straight route that I have flown many times and range varies only a few hundred feet.

I have two other local spots that I have done range test in the past and know my consistent max so will test and report back.
2020-10-6
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

saborman Posted at 10-6 20:03
I followed the steps from the video and upgraded to the newest version 1.1.9 for the Fly app on the smart controller.   Did several test flights and had zero issues with Mavic Air2 and SC.

I have a certain distance that I can reach here in a residential area and prior to upgrading the Fly app, I was consistently within a few hundred feet when I would lose signal and the RTH kicks in.

Hi saborman,

Thank you very much for your feedback, the report ...

However, I discovered another problem with the Fly App 1.1.9 that I would like to report on in another thread.
Fortunately, this has nothing to do with the Smart Controller, it seems to be a bug in 1.1.9, affects the Mavic Mini as well, for example ...

See:
RC signal bug in Fly App 1.1.9
2020-10-6
Use props
Fbrighi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1446001 ft
Italy

Hello, what about with new 1.2.0 version? Did it solved the signal bar issue? I have to say with SC and 1.1.6 app i had problems with range of my MA2, lot of disconnection and signal dropping with reduced distances. Now that i read here, I'll try updating to 1.2.0, maybe this can be solved. Thanks!
2020-11-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Fbrighi Posted at 11-5 04:27
Hello, what about with new 1.2.0 version? Did it solved the signal bar issue? I have to say with SC and 1.1.6 app i had problems with range of my MA2, lot of disconnection and signal dropping with reduced distances. Now that i read here, I'll try updating to 1.2.0, maybe this can be solved. Thanks!

The DJI support wrote to me that they want to "optimize" the function "Compass" in the next software (especially for the SC) ...

They do not admit that this is a bug - no function to be "optimized" ...

All data - GPS position and flight direction - are available in the SC. This can be seen from the fact that everything is displayed correctly on the map shown (bottom left).

Unfortunately they hide the problems and speak of "optimization" ...
Ridiculous!
2020-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules