Help on a post swim diagnose
647 0 2015-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bymac77
lvl.2
Portugal

As same may recall, my first P2v+ has rapped by a seagull and went for a dive.

air compressed, dipped in rice... and still didn't make it.
Since I was in the middle of a big job, I had to buy another P2v+ to finish the job.

And came the time to see if I can revive the rapped Phantom.

- The camera didn't make it (the gimbal arm crushed some electronics.)
- After the rice, it turned it self ON.
- wifi was intermittent. I now seam to have wifi connection if I connect the broken gimbal/camera to the phantom, but with no image, and no on screen data: (battery, gps signal, etc)
- since I could turn the phantom ON, but it could not start, and when I connected it to the computer app the GPS didn't appear, I suspected the GPS was gone, and order a new one.

- New GPS arrived today. I plugged it in... and BLING! all motors start and spin fine. Just for piece of mind, I plugged the old GPS too and... IT WORKED! (at least I can start the motors too).

So I assembled it (minus the gimbal/camera) and went to the field for testing.
Did an IMU calib at home, and in the field did the compass calibration with no problems.
But... still no GPS lock.
Since I couldn't get wifi connection at the time, or when I can, I still read no on screen info on the dji app, I don't know if GPS shows zero, or just under 6 sattellites. But I was in a wide open field for half an hour and no fix..

I manage to take off and fly it with no GPS signal just fine (as fine as atti flight can be in a windy day)

So now comes the questions I hope some of you can help with:

- does the wifi module only connects with the gimbal/camera connected to it? I removed the cover on the wifi module, and the green light only connects if the gimbal is connected too. once I remove the gimbal, no green light.
Can I bypass this and get only the onflight data with no camera image?

- any thoughts why I can start the motors with the GPS connected but I can't get a GPS lock?

Thanks in advance                                               
As same may recall, my first P2v+ has rapped by a seagull and went for a dive.

Since I was in the middle of a big job, I had to buy another P2v+ to finish the job.

- wifi was intermittent. I now seam to have wifi connection if I connect the broken gimbal/camera to the phantom, but with no image, and no on screen data: (battery, gps signal, etc)
- since I could turn the phantom ON, but it could not start, and when I connected it to the computer app the GPS didn't appear, I suspected the GPS was gone, and order a new one.

- New GPS arrived today. I plugged it in... and BLING! all motors start and spin fine. Just for piece of mind, I plugged the old GPS too and... IT WORKED! (at least I can start the motors too).

Did an IMU calib at home, and in the field did the compass calibration with no problems.
Since I couldn't get wifi connection at the time, or when I can, I still read no on screen info on the dji app, I don't know if GPS shows zero, or just under 6 sattellites. But I was in a wide open field for half an hour and no fix..

I manage to take off and fly it with no GPS signal just fine (as fine as atti flight can be in a windy day)

- does the wifi module only connects with the gimbal/camera connected to it? I removed the cover on the wifi module, and the green light only connects if the gimbal is connected too. once I remove the gimbal, no green light.

- any thoughts why I can start the motors with the GPS connected but I can't get a GPS lock?

Thanks in advance

fdgdgAs same may recall, my first P2v+ has rapped by a seagull and went for a dive.

Thanks in advance

2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules