Why does DJI even sell product to consumers?
671 2 2015-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

I waited long and hard for my P3...I gave DJI the benefit of the doubt. I even called tech support just to see how long it would take to set my expectations, I'm not here to complain about that.

I placed a order for a battery, propellers and a battery charger on June 4th and I can't get anyone to give me any clues about my order (Today is June 24). I leave for vacation July 3rd and I thought a full month would be enough time for them to box my items and get them to the east coast.

• I've been waiting over 48 hours for my email response from onlinesales@dji.com
• Online chat has no help
• phone support doesn't know what to do because they only do tech support.

Why would you offer such a terrible service? Just sell your product to dealers and let them handle the public if you are so terrible at packing boxes...
2015-6-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I think it goes well beyond your expectations. I know that DJI has been "busy" up to their eyeballs.
Imagine a small startup company that only began building and selling a fun first model of Phantom, a couple years ago.
But for some seemingly unknown reason, their products took off. I mean sales took off, and as they grew,
they invested in research and development. also kept adding new features and better flight times.
Pretty soon, their product, out sold their supplies, and the Rush was on, to fulfil those orders.
The more Phantoms they sold, the good word spread, like wild fire.
Soon all the talk about drones and aerial photography grew, it was big news, all the stations were talking about the evil drones.
And guess which company's models showed up, more times in the news than all others combined?
That's because they are every where. Find me a hobby shop on the planet, that doesn't sell Phantom's.
Even most bigger reputable camera shops carry them. They have become household names.
In the free world, who hasn't heard about or seen a quad copter?  Likely a DJI model.
Which other companies have sold billions of dollars worth of hobby grade drones?
I know of Align, being a world leader of model helicopters. DJI is their counterpart in the quad copter market, the leader.
When you sell at $1K+ a pop... And they can't keep up, to demand.  How many thousand have they sent out, already.
With many thousands more, being ordered. It's all hands on deck,  
They don't have call centres with +hundred or more people answering distress calls.
I doubt they have more than a couple handfuls of phone and email staff.

We should be so lucky, just to get some batteries sent to Great Hobbies in MISSISSAUGA Ont.
They still have not fulfilled their battery purchases to this store.
Wondering, how could so many people have multiple batteries already, and yet none have been sent to us?
Some guys have 6 batteries, and no Phantom to fly? That's even more hilarious...
At least I have a great Phantom, one battery, and no funny business from the several updates.
Apparently, life isn't so gloom and doom after all. But I waited 8 wks for the Phantom to get shipped up to the hobby store.
Now it seems, may be another 6-8 weeks for the batteries to finally get shipped... What the_____is going on. That isn't' a question.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-25
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

When your bird will arrive do not forget: "do not crash it". Customer care will be worse than your actual situation
2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules