Mavic Air 2 came with wrong motor configuration
920 5 2020-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dokluch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370607 ft
Russia

Hi, I've just received a Mavic Air 2 Fly More combo (purchased from an authorized reseller in Russia) and got confused about its motor configuration.
It should have had 2 marked and 2 unmarked motors, but instead it has 3 marked and 1 unmarked ones.

wrongmotors

wrongmotors

As expected, the lower right motor does not lock in the direction indicated on the blades, but rather works as other marked motors.From what I understand, it is the blades order that matter, and motor locking direction is not relevant, but I'd like to double-check on my guesses before the first flight.

This is my first drone, it has no visible signs of refurbishing and was purchased by full retail price from the respectable vendor so I doubt it might be some kind of fraud. Oh, and one of the cotroller sticks came with damaged thread so it's unusable.

The question is - will it fly? I'm a bit skeptical about this configuration and I've not yet tried to lift this thing up.

Thank you

wrongmotors

wrongmotors
2020-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

PS, I don't own a Mavic Air 2, but this seems wrong indeed.
2020-10-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

You rather send this drone back with the full kit for a complete exchange.
2020-10-5
Use props
Gigod278
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377 ft
United Kingdom

Don't try and fly it, return it, the motors run in different directions to maintain stability the drone uses counter rotating pairs, having three of one and one of the other will not fly.
2020-10-18
Use props
nikska
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370607 ft
Russia

Thanks for the answers.
The motors are indeed all the same, and their spin direction is defined by a controller, so the issue is the wrong locking mechanism orientation. This is all purely cosmetic, and I've already contacted the authorized service center. They are going to replace the lock for free, just in case.
All in all, this does not affect the drone performance, and I already flew a tad more than 100 km with it.
2020-10-18
Use props
SHERLOCKHOLMES
Second Officer

India

Hey, just ask the company for an exchange . They will replace the product.
2020-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules