Osmo Pocket Stops Operating Itself Before It Should
675 3 2020-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgphotostock
lvl.4

Turkey

Hi,

I use the Osmo Pocket for motion lapses, and a few times, it stops automatically before it should (for example, it stops on the first 30 minutes where it should operate for 3 hours). No notices at all, the battery is still 70%, the memory card still has 28 GB empty space. Is it possible for the camera stops itself from a motion lapse record because of overheating? The weather is still hot right now (36℃). If it is, why it doesn't notify or show any messages about that?

A few hours ago I just experienced that again, I was shooting a flower's motion lapse under the shadow on the balcony, and it just stopped itself without any notices. Is it possible it just stopped because the memory card is slow? DJI recommended U3 cards but I'm using a U1 (Kingston) memory card. But we're talking about a series of photos here, I think the memory card speed should not be the problem here.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2020-10-4
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

Solved the issue again, it was the format. After I formatted the memory card on the computer, the camera started to make this issues. I reformatted the memory card on the camera itself, then I did a motionlapse for 3 hours and no issues occurred. Problem solved.
2020-10-5
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Always use the device format SD cards. It may do some other tricks to the card not only file system format. PC only does the file format and some computer based writings not visible for user.
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MuhlisG. I am sorry to for the trouble this has caused before and and thank you for reaching out. It is great to know that you were able to sort the issue out the said issue and for providing the way on how you have fixed the said issue. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2020-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules