Question about magic pro platinum
354 7 2020-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Esitduk1
lvl.1
United States

i have a magic pro platinum. Around my home, it works flawlessly. At my lake home, it loses connection with the controller. The drone won't get 100yds before it loses connection. The cell phone signal at the lake is nearly non existent. Is there some setting I can change? Surely it doesn't require phone signal to work...does it? Any info would be appreciated.

2020-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you have zero connection problems in other places, there must be something on that location that is hindering the signal.
2020-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try using airplane mode,  you don't need a phone signal to fly but if your on the edge of a connection the phone will up the radio power as needed.
2020-10-5
Use props
Esitduk1
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-5 00:41
Try using airplane mode,  you don't need a phone signal to fly but if your on the edge of a connection the phone will up the radio power as needed.

I kept researching after posting my question and evidently it’s a common occurrence. I was told to flip the switch above the SIM card to RC rather than WiFi. I haven’t had the chance to try it yet. Is that the same as airplane mode?
2020-10-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Esitduk1 Posted at 10-5 09:52
I kept researching after posting my question and evidently it’s a common occurrence. I was told to flip the switch above the SIM card to RC rather than WiFi. I haven’t had the chance to try it yet. Is that the same as airplane mode?

Airplane mode is in your device. The switch above the SD card slot is use the RC or just your phone
2020-10-5
Use props
Esitduk1
lvl.1
United States

A J Posted at 10-5 10:45
Airplane mode is in your device. The switch above the SD card slot is use the RC or just your phone

If I use RC will I still see the camera feed on my phone?
2020-10-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Esitduk1 Posted at 10-5 13:19
If I use RC will I still see the camera feed on my phone?

Yes - you connect the phone to the RC and control the drone via both. The big benefit is that with the RC your range will be miles rather than metres.
2020-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Esitduk1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check whether the remote controller's antennas are placed properly, you may refer to the below tutorial video. In addition kindly please fly your DJI Mavic Mini to another open field without interference to check there will be changes. Finally, kindly please put the mobile phone in Airplane mode while flying would lessen the interference like receiving calls and text messages while on flight. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

2020-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules