Shaky video
1433 13 2020-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NoelC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31923 ft
United States

The video on my mavic Pro platinum has become very shaky. I have checked the metal tabs underneath the gimbal, they appear to be in place as they should be. Can anybody offer any suggestions?

2020-10-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The movement appears to be exclusively vertical, this would suggest something is preventinig the gimbal from moving in a vertical direction?
2020-10-4
Use props
NoelC
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 10-4 15:38
The movement appears to be exclusively vertical, this would suggest something is preventinig the gimbal from moving in a vertical direction?

Yeah, it does appear to be vertical. At 27 seconds in the video it clears up for a second. Inspecting it with my fingers, it appears to be moving freely.
2020-10-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

NoelC Posted at 10-4 15:43
Yeah, it does appear to be vertical. At 27 seconds in the video it clears up for a second. Inspecting it with my fingers, it appears to be moving freely.

How is the movement in the other axis?
2020-10-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

check the bands on the mounting plate of the camera, also an unbalanced prop can cause your camera to seem that it has jello effect.
2020-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How does the startup procedure go?
(where the gimbal is moving in all directions)
2020-10-4
Use props
NoelC
lvl.2
United States

This morning I did a gimbal calibration, the camera appeared to move freely in every direction without shaking. Afterwards, I flew it around for about 10 minutes, the shaking was gone. I've done this before and it has fixed the problem, but I fear it may be only temporary. I'm not sure what could be causing it. The bands on the mounting plate look normal as far as I can tell. When this has happened in the past, the shaking has only been noticeable on the vertical axis.
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NoelC. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash on the said drone? Thank you.
2020-10-5
Use props
NoelC
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-5 23:23
Hello there NoelC. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash on the said drone? Thank you.

No, no crashes or hard landings.
2020-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

NoelC Posted at 10-6 03:12
No, no crashes or hard landings.

Hi there NoelC. Thank you for the reply and since this said issue is still happening on your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-7
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Wondering if you were recording at one of the lower 'crop' resolutions below 4K? There's a little 'zoom in' effect at 0:07 which gives a hint that it might be a 'gen-lock'/digital image stabilisation issue combined with the physical gimbal stabilisation somehow being out of sync. Did you have an ND filter on the lens? Do you know what your shutter speed and frame frame rate were too?
2020-10-8
Use props
NoelC
lvl.2
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 10-8 13:55
Wondering if you were recording at one of the lower 'crop' resolutions below 4K? There's a little 'zoom in' effect at 0:07 which gives a hint that it might be a 'gen-lock'/digital image stabilisation issue combined with the physical gimbal stabilisation somehow being out of sync. Did you have an ND filter on the lens? Do you know what your shutter speed and frame frame rate were too?

Yes, I did change the resolution from 4K so that the zoom feature was available. That's the only changes I made to the video, no filters.
2020-10-8
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hello, if the gimbal booting fails I would suggest changing the "gimbal flex ribbon cable". Cable, it self is cheap arround  5-15$ but hands of mehanic can be
expensive. Look at YT videos before how to DIY, if you do not have DJI care.                                    Good luck !
2020-10-9
Use props
Dean
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

gimbal ribbon replacement required. I recently replaced mine due to similar issues (eventually my gimbal shaking got worse to the point i could not really fly any more.) i bought a gimbal ribbon and pyz cable and replaced them myself. It is a bit fiddly and time consuming but with patience i got it right first time. Since then my gimbal has be rock solid. Do it - good luck
2020-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules